SamWise

SamWise Moderator Application

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:56227759

Steam Community Profile Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072721247

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Commander SamWise

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): SamWise

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?:
Yes, I was

Sunless Rp, Darkrp Server

Position - Co-Owner

Reference: Name - Gone, ID - STEAM_0:0:237120859

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof):
Currently have 567 hours, https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/139.99.162.1:27015/top_players/?query=SamWise

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? :
Legendary 

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?:
Yes, I am

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 6

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Yes, I do 

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes, I do

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes, I do

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes, I do

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you:

No bans to this date, I do have 2 warns from like 8 months ago 

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: Whenever I am on discord

How often do you use the TeamSpeak server?: Not to often, only when it's needed.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord & TeamsSpeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord & TeamSpeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & TeamSpeak Rules (#lobby Channel): Yes.

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?:

I enjoy playing on this server a lot and really love the people that play on it and feel that I can be of great help to the staff team and help out with rule breakers and helping others throughout the server.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this:

I am loyal and respectful person, I treat others how I want to be treated and that is always with respect. I can work with others well I always try my best to get along with everyone I work with. I also listen to higher ups and always listen to my teammates no matter my rank.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively:

Being a leader of Security Operations i feel i have impacted others in the regiment, I believe that my leadership towards them has helped them greatly and definately thrive more throughout the server 

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself:

As I have said I am a loyal and respectful person. I enjoy sports, I am very hardworking and I always get the job done. I am never afraid to speak up and enjoy hanging out with everyone on the server, I feel that I am a good guy to be around and have a laugh with. I am always not afraid to taking criticism because it always helps me improve at what I do   

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?

I would jailtp the player to an admin area and start to question them on why they were doing what they were doing and inform that they have been warned multiple times by other staff and that their actions are inappropriate and unacceptable, then i would inform the player of their punishment of 2 weeks ban 

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?

I would start off teleporting the played to an admin area, I would then start investigating on why he/she would do this seeing they are a well-known member of the community asking them why they have been slipping up a lot and mrdming and try and get as much information as possible from their side of the story. I would then proceed to the people that were rdmed just to clarify and make sure that the player was telling the truth and make sure there are no mistakes within their story. I would then return to the player and let them know the situation and no matter what mrdm is not ok and that they will be banned for 1 week.

you left the event team a while ago, what will change this time?

• Informative 1

Posted (edited)

Neutral

your activity in the last 30 days is not that good, your activity needs to improve 

image.png.6c55cc185d925ed2b13d088b13ef5e52.png

Edited by Joel

18 minutes ago, Joel said:

your activity in the last 30 days is not that good, your activity needs to improve 

image.png.6c55cc185d925ed2b13d088b13ef5e52.png

I was on loa in a different country so i was unable to play 

1 minute ago, SamWise said:

I was on loa in a different country so i was unable to play 

But even your time before that was a bit iffy

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Joel said:

But even your time before that was a bit iffy

I see my life and school took a toll on me i lost someone special to me and had to focus on school more and could not handle everything, I see what you mean and its completely fair but I have more time now and believe I can be of great help to the team 

49 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

you left the event team a while ago, what will change this time?

I see what you mean gizmo, I was not a good em and em just was not for me all round, as i have said it was a hard time when I was em as i had a lot of things happening at once but I feel i have been better and have improve and ready 

Joel I am happy to talk about this further to prove myself that I am ready 

Edited by SamWise
  • Informative 1

+1 SamWise has been a great leader to me, helping myself and other fellow Sec-Ops. I strongly believe he has the work ethic and capability to become a Mod. His activity is improving a lot too, so he is also keeping the regiment on it's feet.

• Friendly 1

when you where an event master you ran 1 event in a month and that was your trial event and this shows you are not trustworthy in my eyes, also as soon as you gained the rank of officer your activity had a major decline I believe you need to show the staff team you can be active. 

• Sad 1
  • Winner 1

Neutral

You are a cool guy, and the effort you put into the app is alright, but the effort you put in when being an EM is apparently abysmal. This makes me think you will not do a good job being a moderator either. Based off how many warnings you have it seems you know and follow the rules, your answers seem correct, and you have previous experience being staff.
If you can show that you are active I might change to +1.

• Informative 1