Sign in to follow this  
dean-chan

dean-chan EM application

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:126271136

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198212808000/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Tal Commander dean-chan

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): dean

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: No

How much game time do you have on the server? (Provide proof) This is my hours under my new steam name [around 750 hours], which I’ve had for around 2-3 months. I can’t find my old steam [dean] hours but it’d probably be similar, if not more than my current hours.

sbj_UfCSLvXoKbJ54TXuCxxboOmuXqRMndmDpzYwurncjwRn5QtyTPTkbKRkjAlJwZRUZEzJwJl66T-PxniICoPa5IAo9ZrgozfqHtH1fsS_YgM9romI3f8G0mFVu0s0DQPqgBc

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)?: Ultimate

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: No, but I am a fast learner and am a capable person

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: I’d say around an 8.

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes, I understand the duties of staff is to retain a high sense of respect and maturity whilst playing.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: I have not been banned.

Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run?  (Type YES if you agree): Yes

Do you have any Event Experience (Have you played a Character in an Event or assisted in the Set-up)?: I've been jugg a couple times and have helped with some roleplay events on home map (nothing major).

What Inspires you to become an Event Master?: The EM team is low on players, which is directly affecting the server by events being late/hosted by staff that aren't EMs. This shows the EM team isn't pulling their weight, mainly because of the low player count. I'm confident I could run events and work with other EMs to ensure a fun experience for all players.

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?: Yes, I think I'm capable of giving briefings, since I have done a couple debriefings as chief already.

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: I don't use the CG discord all that much, but I use other discords such as the Taliban Army discord and Delta Force discord quite a lot.

How often do you use the TeamSpeak server?: Never, as I see no use in using it when most of my friend group is in discord all the time.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord & TeamsSpeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord & TeamSpeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & TeamSpeak Rules (#lobby Channel): Yes

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on MilitaryRP: Like I said earlier, the low pop of EMs has been making the servers events run late, or be run by admins/moderators. The EM team should be able to efficiently and effectively run their 2-3 events a day without help from other staff, which has been hindering the overall enjoyability of these events. I believe I could bring new and fun ideas to the table, and am great at working within a team environment. I would also like to help events become the highlight of the day like they used to be, with people looking forward to them, or even getting on just for the event alone.

In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?: For a while I've enjoyed building maps, mostly pvp maps on various games, such as Halo Reach (long ago) and games similar to that. I think I have a good idea of how a map should be laid out depending on the situation/gamemode. I also understand that events are meant to be enjoyable by the majority at the end of the day, so spicing it up and trying things that aren't just the regular TDM on the favourite maps could add new roleplay that can be implemented throughout all events. I am also good at taking feedback and criticism, and can take ideas from various members of the community and add them on to my current ideas.

Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application)?: Set up the event prior to the event time in singleplayer (if wanting to make dupe), call both factions to briefing. Once you've briefed both sides announce prepare for map change, and change to the chosen map for the event. Put set up timer and set up the map (placing barricades, etc), once finished give re-briefings to both factions, and announce prepare to move out. Set timer and announce Move Out!!!. Once the timer is over announce which faction won, and map change to 2nd half. Repeat the process and once the 2nd half is over, switch back to home map and hold debriefing.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it.

Question 1: As a Event Master, how do you react? Take a look at the problems they're bringing up, and see whether or not it is an actual problem (as they may just be frustrated). If I see that I overlooked certain points of the map, I would fix them as soon as possible, however if the problem is too severe, I would compensate the faction with support (the support depends on the map/how much of a disadvantage my error put them at.)

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react? I would ask if any other staff member can cover for me, and give them the general idea of the event/lore behind it (for instance what the story is, what maps are being used etc.) This should not be too hard, as there always are a few staff members online that are capable to run events and I feel strongly about that. 

Event Crafting

You must craft your own Event from start to finish (Include Briefing and Debriefing). You are required to use full details such as map, actions (e.g. !model @ "model"), plot twists etc. Remember to include PassiveRP Elements!

Event crafting in here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XPKmW88KoiN3SmKKaeex-4qFWhb_F3bAFBiAvhmUpHg/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by dean-chan
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly 1

+1

He is nice, generous and overall a great guy to talk to.

He has shown to me as Commander of Taliban that he is capable of working well in a team and has demonstrated high qualities of a team player. 

His app is overall good and the event crafting seems pretty decent.

Good Luck

• Friendly 1

+1 I think that Dean is a great guy, I believe that he could help us greatly in the event team

Good Luck.

• Friendly 1

+1 Dean is a good man. Good App and good ideas. Deserves EM

• Friendly 1

+1 Great guy and would be an even better em

• Friendly 1

+1 good bloke and would do well in the role

• Friendly 1

although i dont know him that much and i look forward to knowing him from what i heard dean sounds like a great guy and i took the time to read his script and i agree with most people that he can bring fun events for us to enjoy.

GOOD LUCK

CURRENTLY-USMC 1LT GRIGORY:)

• Friendly 1

+1 Dean is mature and put effort into the application

• Friendly 1

+1 - Talked to you a few times now and you are a nice bloke. You’re mature and quite active. I reckon you’d do a good job.

Good luck

• Friendly 1

+1. epic lad, good app, sensible, will actually do his job without abusing powers like most staff.

Best of luck chief

• Friendly 1

+1 Known Dean for quite a while and I've always asked him to at least apply for staff once so I'm glad he has. I believe dean would fit perfectly into the em team he's a good bloke and it's only fair you give him a shot.

• Friendly 1

Accepted 

Get on the server for your rank.