Kane

Ban Appeal #freekane

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:164696641 
In-game alias/rank: Kane NTS 
Who banned you?: Fosbury (supervised by matrix) 
Ban Reason: MassTK, Blew up truck full of civilians to kill a singular US Soldier 
Ban Duration (Initial/Remaining): 1 week 
Why should we unban you?: So, I went to jihad a truck full of soldiers. About 4-5 of them were sitting in the back so I jihaded the truck with the intent to kill the US soldiers. In the act of jihading, the truck driver Matrix drove the car towards some other vehicles which caused the cars around me to explode. Resulting in killing nearby Taliban and US. I believe a complete unban is appropriate due to the time already served (3 days, going on 4). I was also informed by a senior admin that Fosbury had read the logs incorrectly as one person died to the jihad explosion whereas the others were killed via car explosions. 
Evidence in your favour (Optional): During the predicament, the only evidence I have is Dean, a witness. Although he has no hard evidence, he was in the truck when it was jihaded. 
  • Agree 1

+1, I don't think he intended in TK'ing. And if the logs were read wrong (which happens sometimes) then further investigation into the matter should be taken into consideration.

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+1, I was apart of the jihad and I can say he 100% did not kill only a singular US. If the logs were read wrong, I think this matter should be looked into ASAP. Not only that but jihads always happen to TK a couple friendlies, and by that it seems this ban was done irrationally and in the spur of the moment.

Edited by dean-chan
  • Friendly 1

+1

Reasons listed above, i personally do not believe this player was intending to TK.

Posted (edited)

1 Week ban seems like a bit of bullshit my homies. This is obviously not an intentional TK and it certainly doesn't help when Matrix drives a truck closer to the jihad. Personally I've lost count how many times I've been caught in the crossfire of a jihad and it's not the jihadists' fault for killing his 'teammates'. Considering the ratio of US and Taliban death were pretty much the same, I don't see the issue nor the reason behind a 1 week ban.

+1

Btw.

Edited by An Spoon
freekane

+1
Although who you kill using a jihad is your responsibility, a one week ban for an unintentional mass RDM seems too much under these circumstances. Based off of what Kane said, the civilians were killed because of other cars exploding and not the jihad. #FreeKane

+1 not sure what you were expecting when adding a weapon like the jihad, of course there will be team kills every now and then when using this weapon.

• Agree 1

+1 Did you ask the civilians killed if they cared they were tk'd or just ban him because he tk'd. After somthing like that they probably wouldn't of cared. It doesn't look like he even meant to cause all that damage, it lead to a chain of events which then caused the Tk.

• Agree 1

+1 Even though I was the person who banned Kane, I still think that the ban was BS. This ban should 100% be lifted completely off, since jihading is a part of the Taliban's way, and they would sacrifice civilians in order to do their goal.

• Agree 1

Alright. 

I've looked into it, spoken to the Mod that banned him (Fosbury) and have come to a decision.

Firstly, I want to clarify something. Any explosive kill (Jihad, Gas, Rocket etc etc) are you responsibility. I don't accept the whole argument that Jihads are exempt from that rule. This should be a lesson to everyone that you are responsible for your kills.

That being said, I am reducing Kane's ban to time already severed. 

• Friendly 1