︻芫═———Tropica

Tropica Trial Mod App (4th times a charm?)

Posted (edited)

Pre-requisites

• You must be already active and well-known member within our community 
  • You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as a staff member you will get stressed. 
  • You must understand the chain of command. 
  • You must understand that the powers you are granted are for you to help people and the community. 
  • You agree that your rank can be taken away at any time if you are reported abusing. 
  • You need to understand that you may not receive the rank. 
  • As a staff member, you must understand that you are required to help/run events. 
  • You must have an understanding of the rules and RP. 
  • You must have at least 60 active hours within 1 month on the server. 
  • You must show appropriate levels of maturity in all aspects within the community. 

General

Steam ID: 
STEAM_1:1:98079545

Steam Community Profile Page Link: 
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ItsYaBoiTropica/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): 
Tal SOD Gropica The GOD

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): 
Tropica

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: 
No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?:

Helios Servers | DarkRP | Snr Admin (Shut Down) | Owner Joshy - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198126434561/

Atlas Gaming | Star Wars | Mod & Discord Manager (Super Admin in-game) (Resigned) | Owner Lukso - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198286273005/

Lords Of War Gaming | Star Wars | Mod (Shut Down) | Owner LordSpacey - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198807108112/

Amethyst Networks | Military RP | Helper (Resigned/Shutdown) dont have it

Amethyst Networks | Minecraft | Snr Admin (Resigned/Shutdown) dont have it

PuggleRP | Imperial RP | Mod (Resigned/Shutdown) | Owner Puggle - https://steamcommunity.com/id/puggel

Cybernet | Imperial RP | Admin (Resigned/Shutdown) | Owner Potions - https://steamcommunity.com/id/Falcainfal/

Vulpix Gaming | Star Wars | Event Master (Merged With GG) | Owner Shadow - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198110899890/

Galactic Gaming | Star Wars | Event Master (Resigned) dont have it

The Museum | Imperial RP | Developer (Resigned) | Owner Praetorian - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071562147

Retribution RP | WWII Military RP (Temp Shut Down) | Developer | Owner EnvyMouse - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198103221464/

Atomic Networks | Star Wars (Resigned) | T-Mod | dont have it

Hyper Network | Star Wars | Staff Manager (Switched From Server Manager) (Resigned) | Owner Lukso - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198286273005/

Scorpious Gaming | Battle Royale | T-Mod | Dont have it

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof):
354a8f29df2e2e9d748fb67579a28e4c.png
https://gyazo.com/354a8f29df2e2e9d748fb67579a28e4c 588.89‬hrs

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)?:
Bronze (ty Diirex)

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?:
Yes

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?:

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?:
Yes

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?:
Yes

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?:
Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?:
Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times:
Yes

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you:
1 ban for minging (1yr ago) don't remember why tho (probs being a dick head). You should still accept me because I've honestly changed and know not to be a retard.

Discord Agreement

How often do you use the Discord server?:
I'm on it 24/7

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord Rules (#lobby Channel):
Yes

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?:
Reasons why you should accept me as a Trial Moderator:

• I'm not bias in anyway shape or form.
  • I'm active on the server.
  • I know how ulx works.
  • I know how to give out proper punishments.
  • I don't treat others differently even if it brings down my reputation.
  • I've been playing on the server for over a year.
  • I have a ton of experience on staffing on a lot of different servers with a lot of time in those positions.
  • I know how to work as a team with other players, staff members and event masters.
  • I'm well known in the community.
  • I have a ton of knowledge on gmod as I have over 2000 hours on the game.
  • I'm well known within the staff team and I know practically everyone in it and i'm good friends with most of them (current and previous).
  • I've seen staff in action during sits and I am confident that I can perform the same and even better.
  • I've helped a ton of people in many different ways.
  • I know the chain of command.
  • I have a recording software (OBS) which allows me to record any sits, people exploiting, hacking, etc.
  • I have over 500 hours on this server which is a quarter of my whole time spent on gmod.
  • I'm dedicated as I've applied 4-5 times (for Mod/EM) since mid last year.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this:
I can work well in a team in my opinion as I've been staff a lot and have worked with other staff members to coordinate on what we're gonna do, as well as helping in mini events. An example of this is me helping event masters during mini events and making it more rp than shooting and giving ideas to event masters that they can use for future events. Another example is that I've been commanders on many other servers (The Museum, Atlas Gaming, etc.) and have shown that I can be a leader. As a commander you have many responsibilities and need to show your troops on how to work as a team, especially when you have minges in your regiment. I am currently a SFC in the US Army and have shown my abilities to my higher ups during training, events, special class tryouts, etc.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively:
Past experiences that I believe I've done that impacted players is training the trainees and actually training them properly and go into full detail of certain rules that most trainees don't know, telling them how to get a gun and check out all the regiments in the server and saying which ones are active and which ones are dead, and most importantly telling them about both factions and not just US. Most of the time when the US train all I hear is them talking about the basics and doing formations, faces, the basic rules and binds then finish. Whenever I'm training trainees and they have no clue on what faces and formations are, I go into full detail with !3p, the certain amount of ticks in each face, loose and tight formations and especially the /me strips weapons and comms as most trainees don't know that they have to do that.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself:
I'm 14 and genuinely a nice guy who makes sure people are having fun and not getting bored of repetitive stuff. I'm currently in Year 9 and created a mobile game. I always look for something to do.❤️ 

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?
I would !jail tp (player) under the map and !bring people who were rdmd by checking console. When everyone involved is teleported I would start recording the sit to get evidence to send the higher ups (staff and cmdr of offenders regiment). After that I would start talking to him and asking why he's been mass rdming. After talking to the player and the players who were rdmd, I would first ask the players who were rdmd if they have anything else to say (for e.g. "he's been minging a lot." "he shoots us for no reason from time to time." "he always avoids being arrested." etc.) While they are talking I would look at the offenders previous warns by doing !warns. After that I would warn the player to keep a record (!warn [Player] Mass RDM - 3 Day ban) and then ban him for 3 days for MRDM (if the player has previous warns or bans I would extend it to the severity of the other ones) and give him the link in the ban message to the forums to appeal for an unban. After the player is unbanned I would keep a close eye on them when or if they join the server back.

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?
I would first !jail tp (player) under the map and !bring 1 or 2 people from the mass TK (from console). When everyone involved is teleported I would start recording the sit to get evidence to send the higher ups (staff and cmdr of offenders regiment). After that I would start asking and talking to the player on why they have mass tk'd, and tell them that it's not acceptable and that I'll be banning them for 5 days for Mass TK, during the sit I would ask the players who were tk'd if they have anything else to say, (for e.g. "he's been doing this for a while." "it's annoying", etc) while they are talking I would look at the players previous warns (if the player has previous warns or bans I would extend it to the severity of the other ones). Before I ban him, I would first warn him to keep a record (!warn [player] Mass Teamkilling - 5 day ban). After the player is unbanned I would keep a close eye on them when they join back just to make sure they don't do it again. 

Ty for reading my application.

Edited by ︻芫═———Tropica
  • Agree 1

+1 You seem to be extremely familiar with all the ULX commands, and shows great signs of being able to work in a team. Your answers are detailed and thought out, whilst still being short and to the point. I've had only pleasant experiences with Tropica on the server, and think he would be a great fit into the staff team. Also his 4th time applying, if that doesn't show dedication I don't know what does. Good luck in your app!

• Friendly 1

+1

Tropica you are a good dude and have been apart of the community for a while. You know how the server runs and who plays it. I have no doubt that you will be a better staff member then all of the current 11 year olds who are being accepted.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+/- You are a really well known player in the community, and a good friend to all. But somtimes i just think you get really agitated at small things and complain about random things that dont go your way, this doesnt mean you are all the sudden a bad person, if you change within the next week or two then i will MOST DEFINETELY change to a +1

Behaviour has improved +1

Edited by Fosbury
  • Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

-1 i have been told that you are extremely toxic and that's not suitable for mod

Edited by Gizmo
  • Disagree 1
  • Dumb 6

On 8/10/2019 at 4:37 PM, ︻芫═———Tropica said:

created a mobile game.

what is the game called?

• Winner 1

57 minutes ago, Bob Jane said:

what is the game called?

*cringe incoming*
Aussie Adventures, its not on the app store lmao, can't be fucked to pay $100 a month for something so bad lol. (It's a meteor survival game)

• Agree 1
  • Winner 3

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Gizmo said:

-1 i have been told that you are extremely toxic and that's not suitable for mod

I'm curious as to how you believe he's "extremely toxic". Yeah the occasional rant in OOC happens but literally everyone does that. And saying you've been told he's extremely toxic is a stupid reason to -1 his app considering this is your opinion of him, not others. I saw you edited your comment from a +1 to a -1 so it's kind of bizarre that your mind changed so fast off of what someone told you. Try thinking for yourself???

Edited by dean-chan
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1

Honestly, your application is great and super detailed. But we have so many staff members at the moment that its becoming ridiculous. That being said, i would still like to see you as a staff member. +1

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+/-

You are pretty well known throughout the community, your app is good and you seem to have lots experience, but in-game you over react a lot and get angry over small things, it's important to be able to stay calm if you're a staff member.

+1 Tropica has shown improvement in his behaviour in-game. I would like to see Tropica be given a chance.

Good Luck Tropica!

😄

Edited by -Henry-
  • Friendly 1

+1 Hot answers. As Mr Goul said, I have no doubt you will be a better staff member than the current 11 year-old kids getting accepted.

• Friendly 1

+1

Your application was really well written and designed. I appreciate every aspect of it and love how you formatted it. However, I always take into consideration age as it determines a players maturity and not only that but someone as young and kind as you shouldn't deserve to get shit on for being a bad staff member. Although there are a lot of staff members in the past and currently that are around the same age and still are very good at there job which is why I don't have a big problem with it.

As long as your ready to take the hit not give it.

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

Tropica, love him or hate him. you have got to understand the quality of someone from the presence of character in-game and though chat, and I think that Tropica is a key example of someone who is responsible, caring and is extremely mature. now he is not all perfect, but he is working on it, I know he has been denied before, but if I had the choice of who I would put into a trial moderator role, it would be him. +1

Good Luck Tropica.

Edited by Lindy
  • Friendly 1

20 hours ago, dean-chan said:

I'm curious as to how you believe he's "extremely toxic". Yeah the occasional rant in OOC happens but literally everyone does that. And saying you've been told he's extremely toxic is a stupid reason to -1 his app considering this is your opinion of him, not others. I saw you edited your comment from a +1 to a -1 so it's kind of bizarre that your mind changed so fast off of what someone told you. Try thinking for yourself???

This topic has now been addressed and he knows better for next time. 🙂

• Informative 1

+1 | Great responses to his scenario questions | Has been part of the community for a long time | Has the qualities of a great staff member | Much better attitude that previously witnessed this time | Good luck on your application Tropica.

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+1 This man has been around for longer than most players/staff, yes he did have a large break but Tropica is extremely mature for his age and I think he would make a great staff member. Also has a good app.

Good luck

Edited by Rhys
  • Friendly 1

+1 it is a trial period he has to go through. Give him the opportunity to show that he is capable that he can be a good mod (i know he can).

• Friendly 1

+1 

been on the server for a long time

• Friendly 1