Forums and Donation Website back up and running
Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Defibs are Stubid

Suggestion name: Defibrillators

Suggestion type: Item Nerf

Im sure everyone can agree that being killed by Defibs is really annoying, mainly for the US. As they are not KOS you end up being killed by them because you can't shoot back. I propose that they become KOS because you would never walk around with paddles charged.

• Dumb 5

If someone sprints towards me with charged defibs i just shoot them, im sure no one would disagree on that as they are endangering your life by running at you with a voltage capable of instantly stopping your heart if it makes contact with skin.

Its not a difficult thing to order them to back away/maintain distance, if they keep running towards you you are fully allowed to kill them.

• Agree 3

Because of the 2-second mic delay and defibs not having to obey fearRP, the Defibs are basically a free kill.
When you whip them out zap someone and then put them away the body disappears leaving all the US nearby confused as they aren't sure what happened.  Hundreds of times I've watched Taliban players as a civilian who before the US player can say "Back away if you don't comply you will die" they pull defibs and zap your dead.
In all honesty, it's a dumb asf way to die the damage is too high.  It should go back to the better days when it was considered FailRP.  It is also very annoying in events because it's very easy to hit juggs with defibs doing 500 damage.  We can never really balance this as if I give a jugg a shit tone of HP then no one defibs it then there is no possible way to take it down.  Whereas if I give a jugg like 3-5k they did in under two minutes.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Asatru said:

I agree with asatru, although i abused my defibs when i was DVT in tali army (medic) it gave me a constant free kill, i never used it on juggs (cause thats just gay). Before when it was considered failrp was better. i dont think they should nerf the damage, just make it failrp

Edited by ︻芫═———Tropica

The Defibrillator will be nerfed in the upcoming update.

Resolved and Locked

• Disagree 1