Sign in to follow this  
Puta Shalluh

Fixing Tali

Suggestion Name: Fixing Tali

Suggestion Type: Faction

Reason:
Greetings, as all of you, may know at the moment Taliban is absolutely horrible, we are getting no new recruits the only new people we get are the few staff from the U.S that swap between roles to help out tali. I suggest that Taliban need to be reworked positions need to be overlooked and active CO's are needed. recently there has only been a max of 5 Taliban on throughout the whole set of events compared to over 20 U.S every event and has gotten to the point that the very few active Taliban have started to swap to U.S and I'm on the line of doing it myself. Tali has always had fewer members compared to U.S but now it's just getting to the point that events are just Tali being spawn camped and the few events we do win are either sided for tali or is an RP event. 

I seriously believe that tali have the opportunity to revive its self and be able to stand up to the U.S once again I just believe that the positions currently taken should be overlooked and a more active person should be placed into a position where they can assist the rev of tali or the server will become a U.S Vs AI because the faction is slowing killing it's self off.

Thank you for reading my suggestion please leave your thoughts in the comments.

Edited by Puta Shalluh
  • Agree 5

I Cannot agree with this more, Taliban at its current state is made up of Inactive Commanders and leaders who don't try and fix the faction. Taliban has a huge chance to revive itself with more active players/commanders and Leaders, no changes to the current taliban faction will end up killing it and turning CG into either  a USvA.I server, or literally just a memory of a good server. 

Through this one day i've been apart of the U.S. Army, I have discovered the following things:

• U.S. Regiments are required to have training multiple times a week, Commanders are required to be active.
  • The High command and other leadership rolls of the U.S. Army create operations and little fun things for the U.S.  to do when there's no events.
  • The rules that are applied to the U.S. Army create a better roleplay environment for the players who are immersed in seriousRP

Now here's what I know about my two weeks in taliban.

• Not one training has been posted for any regiment.
  • Al-Qaeda and Malakand are dead.
  • Al-Shabaab and ISIS are the only two regiments with active players, for the past week it has been: Puta, Dragoul, Johnson, Rhys, Habibi, Toast, Jamal and myself.
  • Commanders are never on to create tryouts
  • Johnson loses his gargeys all the time (But it's okay, it makes for a fun RP time for Taliban)
  • Nothing has been said to the taliban or been done by the Current Leader of Faithfuls and Senior Elder since Dragoul got promoted to Prophet in ISIS, and if they are planning something, they need to come forward with it before Taliban is a legitimately dead faction. What about reviving Malakand or Al-Qaeda? Why don't you try and breathe life into Tali, give a reason for new and old U.S. Members to join tali for once and give it a try, do not be inactive and not give a damn about Taliban. Do your damn jobs as Staff and Leaders of Taliban, and fix the faction ASAP, or step down and give the roles to people who are passionate about Taliban, the people who are wiling to revive Taliban.

I also know that a lot of people who train new Recruits, do not even bring up how to join Taliban, why not push them to join it, so the community can have some fun in a 20v20 event, not a 20v5

I was in an event as my taliban character last night, and it was: Puta, Jamal and Myself, against 20 US. A 20v3, and people don't think Taliban needs fixing.

I myself left Taliban, because Puta and I would sing this song and get no reactions, Taliban is a great fun faction, but in its dying state, it's no fun to anybody.

Please, make changes to Taliban and its leadership and fix it however you can, and make it a fun Faction that people want to be apart of again. Not an inactive faction that consists of five active players getting shredded all the time.

Note: I am not personally attacking anyone in this response, I am just stating the facts, and if you cannot handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. That simple.

• Agree 2

Honestly, this is quite true, Even myself have gone through thoughts of leaving for US but am only staying due to Low Taliban numbers, I don't know how we can change this but maybe more active CO's etc. would help 😞

Edited by Jakey

Totally agree. 

But...

What can we do to fix this? 

(And who will fix it)

Edited by -Henry-

6 minutes ago, Reckonyn said:

• Al-Shabaab and ISIS are the only two regiments with active players, for the past week it has been: Puta, Dragoul, Johnson, Rhys, Habibi, Toast, Jamal and myself.

And me!

1 minute ago, -Henry- said:

And me!

And Henry, my apologies. 

• Friendly 1

I feel like a change of HR's or like I stated an overview of the current CO's could benefit Tali a lot. As right now CO's are not doing much to benefit tali or bring new people to tali.

2 hours ago, -Henry- said:

Totally agree. 

But...

What can we do to fix this? 

(And who will fix it)

What Reckoyn has stated is exactly how we can fix Taliban. And it shouldn't be a who it should be all of the current active Taliban that should strive to fix it. 

• Agree 1

I suggested that the Taliban hold Promo trainings a couple of times a week (INT-RDL attend) as it will rank up active players a lot faster.
This could be done by Chiefs and RPO's or any experienced staff.

When I joined the server the US was struggling and the Tali were dominating.
The way the US made a come back was promoting active players up to WO then doing try-outs for CMDR positions (WO+ to attend).
It doesn't always need to be that way but as it stands there has been a large group of active Taliban over the last 5+ weeks that stick around for a while but never make it past Disciple cause there is no real chiefs overlooking their promotions.
I was on the server for 3 weeks when I got CMDR of Navy SEALs.  Sure there have been some fucktards that got an Officer rank that way.  However, if you do in-depth interviews and maintain order in activity and behaviour standards it gives new players a chance to rise up and lead an active regiment.
It really irks me that the Taliban have had consistently dead regiments for months now and no new faces have a chance at giving it a shot.
I appreciate that this time of school term is busy for a lot of players so player count reaches mega lows.  Though I think there could be a lot more done to ensure that the Taliban members get promoted which would make up for the lack of higher ranked players in the Taliban. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I completely agree with what you replied with Asatru the only problem is that there are 0 active HR's to do that (Yes I know there are CO's within tali that pop in every now and then but we need better than that for now until we are stable and there are many ways for us to achieve that we just need someone in those HR ranks that is active and willing to put time into it.) There is no way for newer people to be seen and promoted by higher ranks. The main problem with tali is inactive HR's or CO's that just don't play or attempt to recruit new people into their regiment.

All of the new tali either join Al-Shabab then hardly play, join then instantly go inactive, Or join a different regiment with a similar outcome. And being in tali myself I can see the #1 reason for every new tali going inactive is the lack of promotions and tryouts. And when CO's do come on promotions are hardly ever given out, and the only people who get promotions are top fraggers. (Yes I completely understand that that is the reason people get promoted, but people need to look out for new people within the faction that are trying their best, people only get better over time.)

Edited by Puta Shalluh

Do you understand that we cannot force people into Taliban?

No one wants to join Taliban and I can say without a doubt, it won't change. Majority of the players on Taliban are low ranks, and replacing the chiefs would be impossible without being yelled at for mass promoting. 

If you have noticed, when all the "minges" left taliban, so did the skill on taliban. 

Completely understand that the "minges" in Taliban were the reason they won events and had active players, And I don't expect people to be forced into the faction at all, what I am asking for is a review of Taliban chiefs, and if the server wants to be equally sided and fun the server will understand people need be put into places they will actually contribute to the growth and promotions of the Tali boys or the faction it's self will die off.

Edited by Puta Shalluh

Ok, I guess it's time for my response.

When I was placed in Leadership of Taliban, numbers were low. If you've played for a bit you'd realise this tends to be a regular occurrence for Taliban. One thing I first tackled when entering leadership was a promotion logs alongside new activity enforced, hence watching some old faces such as Jarrad, Goosebumps ect to disappear. When Taliban goes into these little spurts of activity crisis there is only so much one can do especially when no one tries to maintain the activity to get promoted.

Now I'll move onto point a few things out, shall I;

19 hours ago, Reckonyn said:

Nothing has been said to the taliban or been done by the Current Leader of Faithfuls and Senior Elder since Dragoul got promoted to Prophet in ISIS, and if they are planning something, they need to come forward with it before Taliban is a legitimately dead faction. What about reviving Malakand or Al-Qaeda? Why don't you try and breathe life into Tali, give a reason for new and old U.S. Members to join tali for once and give it a try, do not be inactive and not give a damn about Taliban. Do your damn jobs as Staff and Leaders of Taliban, and fix the faction ASAP, or step down and give the roles to people who are passionate about Taliban, the people who are wiling to revive Taliban.

As much as you may think nothing has been done or attempted, I'll gather some announcements that have been made solely from myself with attempt to boost activity and try set stands for my Chiefs. Now stepping to the point of solely placing people in charge of regiments to fix them, I've tried this. I gave quite a few people rank to attempt to revive a faction but to no surprise they left due to "too much effort" needed to fix it when constant possibility  for asking for help was clearly available.

So unless you know more, please don't jump in saying I do fuck all. I try get whats best for my chiefs done and it is work.

󠇰󠇰Ian05/06/2019

I wanted to make this clear, the positions people hold in Taliban, especially Chiefs need to be accompanied by competence. If you are directly in a case of doubt, conflict of general misunderstanding. Don't hesitate, contact me. I don't want Chiefs to lose motivation due to little occurances that will test your patiences. Obviously there will be things you may not be able to handle, but I am hear to help and attempt to assist in these cases. Leaving things and showing incompetence will eventually just result in removal of ranks. @everyone

󠇰󠇰Ian05/10/2019

Due to the major drop of Taliban players, it is now requested for all Chiefs to partake with advertisement. Meaning, everyone now and again a simple /gc alongside an advertisement like so; "You've survived this long huh? Join Taliban today to continue to stay alive alongside Elite regiments, freedom and chill Chiefs. Contact us via global communications." @everyone

󠇰󠇰Ian05/13/2019

I am going to suggest the start of training directly targetting shooting (trigger discipline, muzzle discipline, recoil control ect), I don't mind the manor of which it is conducted/scheduled but please ensure no balloons are used. If you have any questions/enquiries, please contact me. @everyone

󠇰󠇰Ian05/13/2019

If some of you are wondering ways you'll be recognised for promotions, here are some ways. - Leadership. This is a big one I will generally look for, the ability to maintain leadership within your regiment and ensure they're performing to the best of their ability. - Activity. To some this will seem obvious, a key to a good regiment is an active leader. An active leader encourages your peers to attempt to match activity and attempt to perform to the best of their abilities at all times. - Competence. Another big skill I look at, the ability to remain competent in times of player drout, loss of chiefs ect. - Passion. Not all will hold this, but seeing this is HUGE. Seeing a leader with passion just ensures you that they're always attempting to perform and achieve things to the best of their ability. - Communication. Maintain communication is also a key point, this isn't only with your higher ranking this is also with your regiment. Maintaining communication with your regiment ensures me and surely them that their leader is constantly their in the case of need and always listening. I'm sure I could go on and on, but these are just a few things that I look for when I consider promotions for any Chief, if you have any questions or enquiries be sure to contact me. @everyone

󠇰󠇰Ian05/14/2019

In the near future Taliban will be receiving trainees, alongside this a commanding officer like regiment will accompany it. The ranking system regarding is yet to be decided, hopefully with the implemention of this, it will introduce more knowledge in newer ranking Taliban instead of leaving them clueless most of the time on swap. Training rooms on each faction will only contain information about that said faction, so extensive knowledge of your faction will come in clutch. @everyone

󠇰󠇰Ian05/17/2019

All Chiefs are now allowed usages of Helicopters (littlebird), but like the US, the Helicopter must be spawned at the F.O.B helipad (Al-Shabaab still spawn theirs at Taliban base). Al-Shabaab will soon be receving the Littlebird (attack) as their fighter helicopter. ps. ty foril @everyone(edited)

󠇰󠇰Ian05/20/2019

I would just like to announce something that is already apparent, obviously recently. The server is undergoing a period of drout, drout in players. This often occurs to majority servers during this time of the year due to exams ect, all I can say is I appreciate the chiefs who are still with us and who are still maintaining faith. Obviously this period is an annoyance in factors of recruitment ect, but containing faith in these periods show your true colors. Cheers. @everyone(edited)

󠇰󠇰IanYesterday at 7:10 PM

Speaking to quite a few ex Taliban, majority are choosing to leave due to inability to receive promotions. We are trying to pick up our numbers yet we our chiefs are dropping activity, I can't continue to allow youse to maintain your rank unless you're activity attempting to get on and do shit for your regiment. I might seem like a hard ass, but it's needed and I'm not going to condone inactivity. @everyone

Don't be surprised if you start seeing Chief's lose their ranks.

There's only so much I can push to Chiefs when if they were to be removed, no one had chance to replace.

Obviously some demotions are necessary, so if you think you'd be able to take Chief roles, apply here: https://forms.gle/JXQ8Cn1FURfPhQqu5

• Agree 1

I cannot agree more, but lets be honest the real problem here is CG itself. CG needs fixing. I know I am not the only one that has this mindset, this server died when this class update came out. It was dying slowly and slowly and now its at the peek of dying. CG is boring, destroyed, toxic, p2w and mainly fucked. WE as a community cannot get more than 30 ACTIVE players on the server for events or the weekend, but as I last recall the server would have 90+ players everyday before this update came out and YES its true the server still had a large population after the update came out but all of the "ogs" and all the active dedicated and "minges"as eleventeen stated (including myself I stopped playing) and the server eventualy started losing players very fast. I have left the server around 4 times ever since the update and I keep coming back because I still have hope that this server can go back to what it used to be. The owners need to start listening to players and stop doing what THEY want to the server because since the update feral and badger have never been this invovled with the server and it looks like the owners being too invovled in the changes of the server was its downfall.

I hope you understand what I mean by this, Im just one of those people who has been playing the server for too long and just wish that we could go back to what the server used to be like.

• Informative 1

As much shit I give Taliban I honestly agree that their numbers are way to low for some actual roleplay outside of the US faction to take place and I remember when the server would have dozens upon dozens of players on at a time because the server was actually good then but like Dragoul said the owners don't listen to the community and the staff team doesn't care that the chiefs are inactive. I think the most active officers of tali I have seen is Dragoul (Not sure if he is not familiar with tali ranks) and Johnson and I think they are some of the main reasons Taliban haven't become a dead husk of its former self yet. I think that if they decide to add a system where new players can join as either US or Taliban trainees and have those sides actually train the new people accordingly Taliban could actually be active because the US doesn't advertise the perks of the Taliban or as a joinable faction as a whole.

Well hope you enjoyed my rant just thought i would throw in my 2 cents

• Informative 1