Prince

Prince/noobmaster69's Event Master Application

Posted (edited)

Prince's Event Master Application 

Important Notes 

• All applications must be formal if you don't take your application seriously you risk being denied on the spot. 
  • Putting an appropriate amount of time and effort into your application is expected. Applications can take up-to or more than 2 weeks to be decided upon. Please be patient. 
  • We know your application is there, we have not forgotten about it. 
  • If your application gets denied, please don't be discouraged. Take the feedback, improve, and try again at a later date. 
  • If your application gets denied, please wait at least* 2 weeks before re-applying. It's not mandatory to wait longer, but it is strongly recommended. Take this time to use feedback properly so that you can be better suited for the position. 

Pre-requisites 

• You must be already active and well-known member within our community 
  • You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as a staff member you will get stressed, a lot. 
  • You must understand the chain of command. 
  • You must understand that the powers you are granted are for you to help people and the community.  
  • You agree that your rank can be taken away at any time if you are reported abusing. 
  • You need to understand that you may not receive the rank.  
  • As a staff member, you must understand that you are required to help/run events.  
  • You must have an understanding of the rules and RP. 
  • You must have at least 60 active hours on the server. 
  • You must show appropriate levels of maturity in all aspects within the community. 

General Information

• Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:102187420 
  • Current In-Game Alias (E.g. Captain Deston): TAL WR noobmaster69 
  • Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Prince 
  • Are you staff on any other servers within this community? Not as of now. 
  • Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: Yes, here’s the list. 

• AU-GN (Melbourne)                                DarkRP                           Moderator                         Shut down (Community went to NNS)       Lamma (Staff Manager)                             STEAM_1:1:32994023
  • No Name Servers                                    DarkRP                           Moderator                         Shut down (Nil funds/updates)                   Matt/zLamma/Benno (Owner)                  STEAM_1:1:32994023
  • Dreadful Networks                                  SWRP                             Community Manager        Resigned                                                      Liondil                                                       STEAM_1:1:92261853
  • Apex Servers                                           DarkRP                           Admin                                Resigned                                                      Noah (Staff Manager)                                 STEAM_1:1:129302872
  • Melbourne Gaming Community             TTT - DarkRP - SWRP    Staff Manager                    Resigned                                                      Jeremy (Owner)                                           STEAM_0:0:120873036
  • Domation Servers                                   DarkRP                           Moderator                         Resigned/Shutdown                                    Shane (Owner)                                            STEAM_1:0:37665896
  • Domation Servers                                   TTT                                 Admin                               Resigned                                                       Turtle (Owner)                                              No contact avaliable
  • Limitless Networks                                 SWRP                             General Manager               Resigned                                                       Liondil (Owner)                                            STEAM_1:1:92261853
  • Galactic Gaming                                     SWRP                             Community  Manager       Current Rank                                                 Noah (Owner)                                              STEAM_1:1:129302872
  • Ludicrous Networks                               SWRP                             Executive Management     Server Shutdown due to nil funds                Liondil (Owner)                                            STEAM_1:1:92261853
  • MaTazo Server                                       DarkRP                           Staff Manager                    Resigned                                                       Jeremy (Owner/Community Manager)        STEAM_0:0:120873036
  • ExpGamersInAu                                     SWRP                             Event Master                      Resigned                                                       ExpGamersInAu (Owner)                              No Contact Avaliable

I’ve been staffing on Garry’s Mod communities since 2016. This is experience over 3 years and I’ve accumulated over 7500 hours on Garry’s Mod. I’ve shown dedication to all these servers no matter the time I was there for.  12 Communities in 4 years. (About 4 months each community)  

• How much game time do you have on the server? (Provide proof) 

image.png.2e09087ad764a94b649008c5dce6520d.png 

• What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)?: Ultimate 
  • Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?:  Yes, I have too much experience with ULX…  
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: I’d assume a 6/10  
  • Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?  Yes, I am a member of the Colosall Gaming Steam Group. 
  • Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes, I have a working microphone.  
  • Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes, 100%?  
  • Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: N/A, never been banned before. However, I would like to discuss my current warnings. As of 10pm 19.05.19, I have 3 warnings. These include "Fail FearRP", "Defib Abuse", "Failure to listen to staff instruction". Theses warns are very recent, and 2 were given within the same hour, the day after I applied. Now, these warns were all fair and just, however, there is more of a story behind them which should not affect my open reputation. I won't go into detail and it will on spark argument and issues with my applications. To sum this up, theses warns were given on the correct ground, but the context has been exaggerated. 
  • Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run?  (Type YES if you agree): Yes 
  • Do you have any Event Experience (Have you played a Character in an Event or assisted in the Set-up)?  Yes, after being a manager and event master on several different SWRP servers, I’ve gained the experience needed to run and setup events. I’ve ranged from ERA changing, for example, Order 66. To small mini-events such as outposts need a capturing. Passive RP, active RP, Infiltration etc.  

• What Inspires you to become an Event Master?  

After 3 years of playing Garry’s Mod, I’ve realised that I’ve only been Event Master 3 times. And every single time, I really enjoyed it. I started playing on Collosal back in 2017, which is a long while and I’ve enjoyed every second of it. And after a long, while playing on CG, I’ve seen a fair amount of community members roll through and host their own events. Back in the day when Canoon and Marmite hosted events to now, where Rhys and Gekyume host events. It’s really changed my experience on CG and I’m interested in hosting my own.  

• Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?  

Yes, I do like to talk to people, in whatever context. Nothing better than explaining something to someone.  

TeamSpeak Agreement 

• How often do you use the TeamSpeak server?  

Not very often due to I’m always in Discord (Marines or Delta Force), although. I can easily connect at anytime if needed. Really depends who's in the channels and what I have access to.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a TeamSpeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES, you agree to never abuse your TeamSpeak powers and you have understood and read the TeamSpeak Rules (Link soon): 

Yes. I understand that the abuse of powers on TeamSpeak will result in removal. 

Short Questions 

• In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on MilitaryRP:  

Roleplay servers to me have always been a significant part of my Garry’s Mod playtime. I’ve always enjoyed SWRP and hosting events, however, I feel that Sci-Fi events really isn’t my ideal fun anymore. So, I’ve decided to come back to Colosal Gaming and apply here. Military RP is simple and the way events are run on this server is enjoyable if done right. Garry’s Mod has always been an escape for me, and I enjoy it a lot. However, I enjoy staffing and bringing new things to the table for the community.  

• In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table? 

I’m still young, and so are many other people at CG, however. I’m creative. I do a lot in school and am 15 and in year 11. I’ve skipped 2 grades and my mind it exploding with new stuff, this might explain why I leave regiments so many times. I’ve also played a vast variety of Garry’s Mod and RP games in my time. So, I’m ready to expand to new things. I’ve played SWRP, which usually has a lot of passive RP and RP decisions, so I know how that should run. My experience not in Garry’s Mod itself, but in all the RP games I’ve played allows me to be creative and come up with new ideas.  

• Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application)? 

A typical event is run in 2 parts, the event master will pick 2 different maps, give a briefing and then the map will change. Props and barricades will be placed. Different things will be done depending on the game mode. For example, reinforcements, timers, capture points. All done through commands, briefing done and troops move out. First part over, map changes and the second part are being built, barricades, spawns etc. Game mode variables in place, move out. After event is over, levels will be given, return to the home map and have a debrief, with a rundown of the event and promotions. 

Scenarios 

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it. 

• Question 1: As a Event Master, how do you react? 

As an Event Master, you should be very diligent and ready to receive critism, however depending on your own eyes and your own opinion and the rest of the event masters, you can alter the event. Usually it’s best to keep pushing on through with the event idea and the plan. Depending on the way a person is complaining will dictate what happens. If they are saying “This event is one sided”. It’d be best to review the issue and see how “fair” the event really is. Any PvP event should have some balance an allow all users to feel happy and enjoy their time. In the event that the event is unbalanced, you’d add something to rebalance it. For example, A juggernaut, mortar, extra weapons, even numbers  wand it has only been running for 5 minutes. 

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes. 

• Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react? 

Hastily, but not rushed, ask another event master, if not a staff member to continue the event. Give them a quick rundown of what should happen and let them know the plan. Don’t over complicate it and don’t stress out, either way, this is an event, but still a game. 

Event Crafting 

You must craft your own Event from start to finish (Include Briefing and Debriefing). You are required to use full details such as map, actions (e.g.! model @ "model"), plot twists etc. Remember to include PassiveRP Elements! 

Scheduled event (2 Parts) 

Part 1 Plan: US have sent a LTGEN to an airfield to discuss issues with the Taliban Army and discuss weapon shipments and war rules. However, Taliban have different plans. Taliban are tasked with gaining captive of the US LTGEN on Terminal. The Taliban have to hold the LT Gen without killing him for 5 minutes to win the first part. The US Army will have to regain and free the LT GEN from the Taliban Army without killing him for 5 minutes to win.  

@@@ Both sides to DB 

US Brief: US Troops, LT GEN ______ has been sent to a nearby airfield to discuss weapons and treaties with the Taliban, however, the High Command believe this is going to go south and the Taliban Army are going to try something. We are tasked with making sure he is safe and discusses these plans successfully and safely. Do not kill the LT Gen, I repeat, do not kill the LT Gen. He’ll have information when he returns. The Taliban will be neutral, do not kill them either. But watch, they might try something, alright. Get ready to move out.  

Taliban Brief: Alrighty, my friends, after a small discussion over the phone, we’ll be meeting with a LT GEN of the US Army to discuss new equipment and war rules. However, we have a different plan. You guys will go in as civilians and allow Chief _____ to discuss with LT GEN, but on my mark, you shall attack the US. Don’t do anything beforehand, we want to surprise and then destroy the US. Your goal is to escape with the US and head out to the Ship. Don’t shoot the US and just chat with them. There should be no murder until the Chief is ready.  

@@@ Prepare for map change 

xgui > maps > zs_terminal > milrp > force change map  

In chat “!timer create 6 Setup” 

Build barricades and helipad (Refer to pictures below) 

In console “conquestsystem_open” 

Set a name to LT GEN and Key Letter to A 

Create a point on Helipad 

Re-brief both teams (Tell Taliban that FearRP won’t apply when the mark is given) 

@@@ Taliban Chief, head out and speak to the LT GEN 

@@@ DO NOT SHOOT UNLESS SOMETHING GOES SOUTH 

@@@ Taliban members, head out, no weapons 

@@@ US Head out, be prepared for anything 

Tali comms: /comms On my mark, ready, set, FIRE! 

!timer create 15 KOTH 

@@@ US, protect the LT GEN | Taliban, Capture the LT GEN 

Incase the event becomes one sided, on terminal, extra barricades will be added and a juggeraunt will be introduced.  

US Jugg: 

ulx hp @ 3000; ulx mhp @ 3000; ulx model @ models/mw2guy/riot/juggernaut.mdl; ulx give @ khr_hmg 

Tali Jugg: 

ulx hp @ 3000; ulx mhp @ 3000; ulx model @ models/player/lcg/heavyinsurgent.mdl; ulx give @ khr_hmg 

HP can be altered depending on the status of the event.  

Wait till the timer runs out and establish who wins.  

@@@ Taliban/US Win | Prepare for Map Change 

xgui > maps > ttt_theship_v1 > milrp > force change map 

In chat “!timer create 6 Setup” 

Place map dupe and spawn barricades 

Part 2 Plan: The US or Taliban (Depending on who wins) have free/captured the LTGEN, however, the losing side has tracked the winning side’s movement and new point of combat. Taliban and US are both tasked with eliminating the opposing side on the ship, and at all costs, keep the LT GEN in the respective captivity. This part will be based on reinforcements and whoever wins recaptures the LT GEN, if Tali win, they may execute the LT GEN, 

US Brief: Alright Boys, you’ve captured/lost the LT GEN, however, the Taliban are still on our tali and want to get rid of us at all costs. We need to stop that. What you need to do is ensure the LT GEN is recaptured/kept safe until we can get back to base. The Taliban will be trying to do the same. Do what you can, and by God. For America. \  

Taliban Debrief: My friends, you’ve captured/lost the LT GEN, but the US are still following us, we’ve tracked them to the Ship and they’re closely on our tail. However, all you need to do is ensure nobody gets killed and everything goes to plan.  

Once a setup timer and debrief is done 

@@@ Prepare to moveout 

!reinforcement create 300 300 

!timer create 15 TDM 

@@@ Move out  

After time finishes 

@@@ Taliban/US Win 

US Levels:  !givelevels 1 2/3 (Depending on what parts they won) 

Taliban Levels: !givelevels 2 2/3 (Depending on parts won)  

@@@ Levels given | Prepare for map change 

xgui > maps > rp_highland_colossalgaming_v1 > milrp > force change map 

@@@ All troops to debrief 

• US Debrief:  

Part 1: Alright, simply, LT General _______ was sent to a nearby airport to discuss war rules will the Taliban, however, things when south and they got a bit dangerous, (WIN) luckily you guys were prepared and fought back and recaptured and left to the nearby ship, congratulations, however they tracked us there and still came after the LT GEN (LOSE) unluckily, Taliban captured and kidnapped the LT GEN and the hastily escaped a in helicopter to a nearby ship. Luckily, we tracked them to the ship.  

Part 2: Now on the ship, (WIN) we eliminated the Taliban numbers and saved the LT GEN, he’s in the Med bay, recovering from the pain. Well done. (LOSE) Disappointingly, the Taliban lessen our numbers faster than we did theirs. Unlucky boys, we can only imagine what things are happening to the LT GEN.  

Any promotions (Asking COs in ranking order). After promotions, about turn. March. 

• Taliban Debrief: 

Part 1: Alrighty, at the Terminal, we put up one hell of a fight to the US scum. (WIN) And props to you guys, you captured the LT GEN and dragged him out of airport, onto a helicopter and into a nearby ship. (LOSE) Sadly, we didn’t capture the US LT GEN, however we did manage to track him to a nearby ship.  

Part 2: On ship, you guys (WIN) regained captivity over the LT General. And here he is now, what good fun we shall have. (LOSE) disappointingly lost the captivity of the LT GEN, and the US now has him in a safe keeping. Unlucky, we’ll get them next time.  

Alright, promotions (Asking Chief’s in ranking order). After promotions, alright, guns in the air and FIRE! 

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, even if you didn’t read all 2800 words. I appreciate any feedback. However, please do not judge this application on your BAD experiences with me, base them on your general opinion of me and my application.  

Good luck in your application! If you have any questions, please contact Ellion

Edited by Prince
  • Agree 1

+1 Please don't start every briefing with alrighty or I'll cap you ;).
Epic application lots of effort put in which is great to see.

@Osama Bin Lagin

I understand that your opinion is your opinion, however. In my view, the situation that caused this uproar tonight was taken out of and hand and out of context. I completely understand where you're coming from and I'll try to change my community look. 

While I'm not apart of Colossal I'd like to offer my support to Prince. Please do note he didn't ask me to do this.

Prince is an extremely loyal person, he's someone that defines dedicated and persistence. I have had the fortunate opportunity to staff and manage alongside Prince on many servers, whether it be AU-GN, Galactic or Domination, Prince has always put his foot forward, no matter the task. Now I'm going to add a slight spin to his, Prince is the current Community Manager of a server that rivals mine. Now it might sound a bit odd, but another strong trait Prince possesses is his ability to work together and communicate in a professional manner. Myself and Prince have spent many hours explaining and going over how we can help each other and grow at the same time, while mainly being at his expense

I could go on and on about Prince and more than happy to do that over TS in a more professional manner if required. 

But overall, its be stupid not to give him a chance.

Neutral - This application shows you've got the required experience to become an Event Master. Your answers are well-detailed and your event crafting is quality. However, I have a few issues. You're currently a Community Manager of another server, which requires a lot of responsibility and time!? How will you find time to be an EM and CM? Furthermore, your attitude towards the situation with Minx was silly, I'm not concerned about the issue between you two but I'm concerned whether you would act like this towards others again? 

Good luck with your application! 

Accepted

Welcome to the Event Master team.