Quickhell

Bring back that one gamemode

Suggestion Name: New Gamemode

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): Event Gamemode

Addon Pack (Optional): N/A

Addon Pack File Size: N/A

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):  If anyone can remember back to early 2019 or late 2018, we had an event on Predator where the normal RP rules applied; civillians are not KOS until they have sufficient evidence of being taliban (pull a weapon, their story doesn't add up). (If anyone doesn't remember this event; it involved a water truck in the town, taliban basiclly asked wAtER?!? over and over and there were buckets of water that were scattered all over the place)  I'd say this gamemode should be applied more frequently due to the low taliban numbers which allows for US to win every single event of each day, making events more or less a chore for taliban.

Screenshots (Optional): N/A  *Imagine a water truck and taliban asking for water*

Yea bro i ran this event, we dont use pred for some reason now idk if its cuz we arent allowed or if its just not liked

It could be tried again but I played that event and I remember it being a bit autistic with civs risking their life's to block the cap. Idk 

Pred V1 or V2? cause we use Pred V3 fairly often.

I think that the server needs to step back and change the way they do events. I haven't been on for an event in months so they may have changed them since them but events seemed to be TDM or capture the flag almost every time. More RP events like the one mention in this thread should be held more often (not the same event over and over but similar to it). Before I left the server (again) a few months back, Matrix held some really good RP events. 

Events should be adjusted to more RP then the goal for the best K:D.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

On 5/15/2019 at 11:07 PM, Asatru said:

Its the sand one, not pred colossal

On 5/16/2019 at 8:56 AM, Bob Jane said:

I think that the server needs to step back and change the way they do events. I haven't been on for an event in months so they may have changed them since them but events seemed to be TDM or capture the flag almost every time. More RP events like the one mention in this thread should be held more often (not the same event over and over but similar to it). Before I left the server (again) a few months back, Matrix held some really good RP events. 

Im not an event master and i only do events if i am feeling like it so its very rare for myself to hold an event.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Matrix said:

Im not an event master and i only do events if i am feeling like it so its very rare for myself to hold an event.

I do know that, you still held good events however when you did.

• Winner 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jane said:

I honestly agree with you. Events have somewhat lost the roleplay aspect, they're all just TDM's now.

• Friendly 1

These are the issues I see daily:

1. When it comes to the running of either the 5:15 and 8:15 events due to the fact there are a limited number of event masters more often than not mod+ step in to run the events in order to keep things moving but it comes with a massive negative where the events will more or less be TDM or 3 point.

2. Due to the circumstances stated above usually there is not a script written to go along with these events.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

These are the issues I see daily:

1. When it comes to the running of either the 5:15 and 8:15 events due to the fact there are a limited number of event masters more often than not mod+ step in to run the events in order to keep things moving but it comes with a massive negative where the events will more or less be TDM or 3 point.

2. Due to the circumstances stated above usually there is not a script written to go along with these events.

This is true appart from the fact that mod+ still do have the ability to make good events. I believe that event masters have lost motivation and no longer put in effort to make scripts therefor having no backbone to the event and it just being a team death match

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I Don’t know what happens behind the scenes but a set schedule for every event master should be established for a) every event they must host and b) every event they must attend to help out the other Event Master. Penalties should be applied if they miss events because if they can’t make it to the ‘job’ they signed up for, they shouldn’t be on the team. 

(Adding to current comment)

Otherwise, what could happen is the EM’s chat on Sunday and collectively plan a week-long project where the events that week are all based on the same idea so that each event aren’t random ass TDM’s. This could really bring in good role-playing.

Edited by Bob Jane
Added ideas

1 hour ago, Bob Jane said:

et schedule for every event master should be established

There is already a timetable for EMs to fill out times they are able to host events on.

50 minutes ago, Halstead said:

There is already a timetable for EMs to fill out times they are able to host events on.

Oh okay. Like I said, I Don’t know what happens behind the scene. Is there a minimum amount of events they have to do per week?

6 minutes ago, Bob Jane said:

Is there a minimum amount of events they have to do per week?

Not necessarily, Just used to try to pre fill the table up with whenever your available and if someone couldn't make it there would be a backup.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Bob Jane said:

Oh okay. Like I said, I Don’t know what happens behind the scene. Is there a minimum amount of events they have to do per week?

They should be doing 2 minimum unless Ellion has changed it.

• Agree 1

It's currently 3 minimum events a week which is about 6 hours.  Most event masters also help with setting up so many of them have really high hours.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Bob and Quickhell I have been speakin with jakey and bee and i have been trying to help imrpove the RP and they 100% agree. I helped them hold an event last night and i was very very impressed with how well they worked with myself and king and i believe from here on out there will be noticeable improvement - STAY TUNED!!

Edited by Matrix
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

6 hours ago, Matrix said:

Bob and Quickhell I have been speakin with jakey and bee and i have been trying to help imrpove the RP and they 100% agree. I helped them hold an event last night and i was very very impressed with how well they worked with myself and king and i believe from here on out there will be noticeable improvement - STAY TUNED!!

Awesome. Maybe I’ll hop on tonight for the first event I’ve played In months 👀

• Friendly 1

2 hours ago, Bob Jane said:

Awesome. Maybe I’ll hop on tonight for the first event I’ve played In months 👀

Just to clear it up im not sure about the other EM's but jakey and bee im definetly expecting improvement from. But gotta start somewhere

• Agree 1

On 5/15/2019 at 10:37 PM, Asatru said:

Pred V3? Pretty sure theres only two versions of Predator.

Predator and Predator_colossal.

55 minutes ago, ArcticStrikerAU ☭ said:

Pred V3? Pretty sure theres only two versions of Predator.

Predator and Predator_colossal.

No thats the name of the version of the map we use. rp_predator_v3

image.png.dec345b3e62ac79213c3f05c3d8810f8.png