River

River's Event Master Application

Posted (edited)

Pre-requisites:

• I’ve read all the pre-requisites and understand/agree with what is required of me.

General:

Steam ID: 

STEAM_0:0:80178350

Steam Community Profile Page Link: 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/BeanIsMe

Current In-Game Alias:

River

Most Commonly Known Alias:

River

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?:

No

Have you been staff on any other communities:

How much game time do you have on the server?:

https://www.gametracker.com/player/River/139.99.162.1:27015/

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Ocean/139.99.162.1:27015/

What is your current rank-game?:

User

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as 'ULX'?:

I know the basics

How well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members (1-10)?: 

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?:

Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?:

Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times?:

Yes

Have you had any bans to date?:

No

Do you understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the events you Run?:

Yes

Do you have any Event Experience?:

No

What inspires you to become an Event Master?:

I've gained inspiration to apply for this role from the players. Listening to the players, they want good events which are enjoyable. Therefore, I want to give back to the community. Which has inspired me to apply and hopefully improve the team and quality of events. I want to see the server enjoying events rather than complaining about them. I aspire to the challenge and responsibility required. 

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?: 

Yes

Teamspeak Agreement: 

How often do you use the Teamspeak server?:

I don't use Teamspeak often but I'm willing to use it when I'm required (Setting up events, etc). 

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and you have understood and read the Teamspeak Rules:

Yes

Short Questions:

In one paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on MilitaryRP?:

As explained before, I’m willing to improve the team and events. I want the server to talk about how good the event was rather than how awful it was. I believe I’m suitable and responsible for the role and I can handle the expectations as an Event Master. When I was Medic commander, I implemented MedicalRP for the players to enjoy and give them purpose with their role. This helped me to understand, what can and can’t work. For example; Setting roles and responsibilities to my troops to roleplay. This allowed for roleplay to act with freedom but wouldn’t become ridiculous where it became unrealistic. I enjoyed my time as Medic commander and I would like to strive in a similar/different role.

My attitude towards my roles have always been, what can I do better? And I would take this attitude into the staff team. I would listen to constructive criticism and learn to improve from everyone.

In one paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?:

I find the best way to bring in new, interesting and creative ideas by learning from current and previous event masters. I’ve been on the server for a bit now and seen really good events and horrible events. And learned how events could have been improved. I want my events to have meaning and purpose to fight for. For example, The result of the first part will affect the story of the 2nd part. However, I don’t want to produce something extraordinarily difficult, to the point where it’s confusing. But my main focus will be improving from previous events, seek help from senior staff and implement new aspects in each event.

Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short):

• Step 1- Announce all sides to their debriefs
  • Step 2- Mission briefing (Objective, location, etc)
  • Step 3- Map Change
  • Step 4- Set up event/Recap players
  • Step 5- Prepare to move out - 15 Min Event
  • Step 6- “Announce Winner” - Map Change
  • Step 7- Repeat Step 4 to 6 (And hand out levels after 2nd part of the event)
  • Step 8- Then Debriefs

Scenarios: 

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it.

Question 1: As an Event Master, how do you react?

Answer: I would spectate the issue(s) that the players are complaining about and if their argument is valid, If something can be done straight away, I would try to fix the problem ASAP or seek help from the available staff. If I can't fix the problem, I would again, seek the required help after the event and improve for further events.

Scenario 2: During your event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react?

Answer: I would notify available staff members I will need to go AFK. Then I would leave instructions required for the event. Making sure the person(s) in charge aren’t confused with anything.

Event Crafting:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jNKhsKbu_fOjZFDuBmyLIqK9XBeKJK-m1ZHm09xpfdE/edit

Edited by River

+1, I remember river when i was working along side him as an officer he was extremely responsible and a reputable player of the community who has the values to be a good event master

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+1 Having worked with several Rivers in the past (but also many Oceans and even Ponds), I can say that this River is a good river. Not to be biased at all, but a medic event? 👌👌👌💯💯

if you were looking for a proper response you've come to the wrong place 🤷

Edited by Ezygle
  • Informative 1

+1 Very Good Man. In the past years, he’s shown great commitment to the server. Give the man the rank he deserves.

• Friendly 1

+1 River has been around longer than I have and during that time has proven to be a great player. 
I love the event crafting but I'm going to have to say that unfortunately for US medics, Navy SEALs was better.  Sorry I forgot to help with your application I'm so busy with Uni but it looks like you didn't need it anyway xD.  Below is my reaction to your application:

Related image

• Friendly 1
  • Angry 1

+1 - Great player, well respected player within the community. Application is good and I like your event crafting. You’d be a great addition to the EM team!

Good luck 🙂

• Friendly 1

+1 - I haven't been on the server in a while after the big update, but River has always impressed me at how responsible, nice and helpful he really is. I worked beside his as a US medic and he was a massive role model for me. Even though i eventually lost that position, he was a massive help and an amazing leader. I believe his can make amazing events. 

Love u man

• Friendly 1

+1, been around long time. EM team needs more people. As matrix said, great responsibility. 

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+1 I like you, you are good man, you will be good staff

holy crap your event crafting is bloody beautiful!
and the effort you went to to take the photos and everything... I really want you on the team now brother!

Edited by Mitch
  • Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+1 being around for a while and a nice person to play with and can Rp a lot

Spoiler

bring back Medic Rp river

Edited by Steve
  • Friendly 1

Accepted

Welcome to the Event Master team. Jump on TS for training.