Smiddy

Smiddy's Mod Application

Posted (edited)

Welcome to my Mod Application! 

Opening Statement

Your first thought is either going to be "for gods sake not this guy again" or "kept you waiting huh", and whichever it is, i just wanted to make an opening statement, to address a few issues that are glaring and even i can admit that i have them.

• I seem to constantly leave an rejoin the community, and yes, in the past i have done so. I will put these qualms to rest and say those leaves that i took had reasons i would rather not go into, and i can confidently say that i am here to stay this time around. And yes, you can have your doubts, but i give my word.
  • I chat a fair amount of shit in OOC, most of the time it's banter, or when someone says or does something stupid, but i want it to be clear that although i do chat shit, i can be reasonable. I am trying to say i'm not a total idiot.
  • I have made enemies i am positive, and if you rock up on this post and negatively comment me, so be it, the point of these apps being open is so people can contribute. I can accept criticism as long as it isn't purposefully demeaning or doesn't offer anything worth noting. 
  • The last time i became event master, i left it, it is most definitely not a job for me and i have now accepted that.
  • "You haven't been back long enough to apply!" No, i probably haven't, but there's no harm in getting my app up early is there? Let it gather some traction? I am not expecting and instant deny or accept, so i don't see the harm.

Prerequisites

• You must be already active and well-known member within our community ✓
  • You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as a staff member you will get stressed. ✓
  • You must understand the chain of command. ✓ 
  • You must understand that the powers you are granted are for you to help people and the community. ✓
  • You agree that your rank can be taken away at any time if you are reported abusing. ✓
  • You need to understand that you may not receive the rank. ✓
  • As a staff member, you must understand that you are required to help/run events. ✓
  • You must have an understanding of the rules and RP. ✓ 
  • You must have at least 60 active hours within 1 month on the server. ✓

yayat.PNG.65c72d7df4e9961e93d9d05332577ec7.PNG 

There was no time played in the last 30 days exact option on gametracker, so i made rough estimates on each of the yellow bars, and it equals to about 118 hours in the past 15 days. It was a rough calculation, and i do afk a bit, but it almost doubles the requirements.

1373904269_yeeyee.PNG.f6f58d01f2f2cb8f450d26f3754daa04.PNG

• You must show appropriate levels of maturity in all aspects within the community. ✓

General Information

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48224414

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056714557/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): DVT Shmide

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Smiddy

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: Not currently, but previously an admin.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: Highlighted previously, i have been admin on CG so it  would be silly to reference, but in terms of other communities, i have staffed many minecraft and arma servers before. I have been on Gmod servers before but they were either too long ago to matter, or i don't have a reference because the communities are gone.

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof): Difficult question to answer, since my gametracker has reset so many time due to my join date being 2017 some time. My current gametracker reads 438 hours, but before IP resets like this, i had the playtime to rise up to General, and Become an administrator. I am sure many members of senior staff can account for my activity in the past, and if not i can't prove it many other ways.

nae.PNG.28358ed0b81663c8a9b10ba78aeb9d09.PNG

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)?: Respected (Recieved before it was an application thing), and Legendary.

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: I am. And if things have changed, !menu is most definitely always a good learning tool.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 6/10, formerly more.

Are you currently in the Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes. I am also in the staff one still for some reason? 

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: As a user, there isn't much i can do to enforce rules, but i try to uphold the rules to a high standard excluding a bit of shit chatting/banter in OOC.

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: I understand this, and most of my friends are staff/veteran anyway.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: I do.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: I understand this statement.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: I haven't been banned before.

Teamspeak Agreement

How often do you use the Teamspeak server?: All the time.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Teamspeak Rules (Link soon): Yes, and again, the only people who really use the TS are staff or veteran anyway.

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?:

For a fairly simple set of reasons that i will organise so it's easy on the eyes;

• I know how to moderate effectively, and with reason. All it can take is a bit of common sense and care towards the job sometimes. I can say about myself that i put the nature of the job before warning people or mass-tickets, so in the laymans terms, i will take quality over quantity. 
  • I have previous experience. Knowing what to expect when going into a staffing position can help dampen the blow and smooth out the learning curve.
  • Dedication to the server of which i am familiar with. CG Milrp has held a special place in my heart for a long, long time, and after so many changes and updates i still feel dedicated to keeping it alive.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this:

I can effectively collaborate with other staff members, no matter what kind of friendship/ relationship i have with them, because i know in the end that we are all there for a purpose, which is to keep a server running as smoothly as possible. With the common goal in mind i believe it will be hard to disagree, and it will be a natural fit for all of the staff members. I cannot particularly illustrate this through a text application, but i do work at Coles, and if you look at anything remotely related to having a job there, they will mention teamwork hundreds of times. I think applying teamwork in a professional environment can seriously impact teamwork over the internet, and i can 100% say that they have trained me properly in teamwork.

asodjpawm.PNG.5d220c79f1c37a9ad45ab41050849f2b.PNG - From some training video off our staff portal, in the first 60 seconds.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively:

The switch from the original predator, to the reskinned version. I would give anything at the moment to go back to the original predator because of how good of a map it was, but at the time it was getting so stale and players were getting tired. The switch to the second predator couldn't have come at a better time and i still look back fondly on both maps. It gave people much more, fresh things to do and many more places to fight. I have no idea when this took place exactly but i miss both of those maps very deeply. 

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself:

My name is Dominic, i am fairly easy going, but i am a little sharp if you don't know me. I am good mates with most of the CGX guys, and i spend most of my time in that specific teamspeak channel. I can get around the fact that people bother me, if we are in an environment where it is required that that person and i work together.

Strengths

• General Knowledge
  • Flexible
  • Communication skulls
  • Disciplined when needed
  • Respectful to the work of other staff members
  • Administrative Ability (Managing sheets, writing)

Weaknesses

• I cannot code sheets from scratch if my life depended on it
  • Not comfortable taking risks/gambling
  • Competitive

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?

I would head to the admin box, jailtp him there, explain the rules he has broken and question if he has any reason for his actions. If he has a ridiculous answer or something that isn't even worth considering, i would warn his steamid and ban him for a few days/ a day until higher ranking staff get online. 

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?

Again, i would bring them to the admin box, but instead of straight up punishing him, i would give him another chance to step back into line. I would also explain his actions and how they need to change, in order to avoid confusion. If he was disrespectful or clearly had no remorse i would warn him using awarn. If the behavior continued i would elevate the issue through COC to a higher staff member, as i don't think i should be slapping bans on people super often as a trial moderator.

Edited by Smiddy

Yeathebois.org Dis man is a star player and would love to work along side him as a staff member. Previous experience also!!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Jane said:

Is this Green Berets smiddy?

The one and only.

2 minutes ago, Smiddy said:

The one and only.

+1, Where do I start... Back when I was active in 2017, Smiddy was a great admin and dealt with situations very well. I believe he should be added back to the staff team because he has that experience as a staff on the server. 

It's good to see you back. 🙂

And just a photo from a while back. Not sure if you remember this xD

20170331160756_1.jpg

• Friendly 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Jane said:

+1, Where do I start... Back when I was active in 2017, Smiddy was a great admin and dealt with situations very well. I believe he should be added back to the staff team because he has that experience as a staff on the server. 

It's good to see you back. 🙂

And just a photo from a while back. Not sure if you remember this xD

20170331160756_1.jpg

Oh my god! I actually do! I was struggling with placing the sign so the GOA wouldn't be touching the ground and it took me like half an hour to get right and i was swearing in teamspeak.

giphy.gif.ae1b4bf13a2de0e3f1d33af2c1d4d3eb.gif

They were such great times.. i hope to make some more.

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+1 For you as a staff member, this app is fucking crazy good.

But

-1 at the same time because of the current staff situation (too many moderators + Mod-EM Ratio is shit atm)

Edited by Ghett Fahct
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Friendly 1

9 minutes ago, eleventeen said:

This app is detailed. BUT

I really don't think that the server needs anymore mods.

Just now, Ghett Fahct said:

-1 Your app is crazy good and you'd make a really good staff member however at the moment, theres waayy too many moderators. 

I have heard similar opinions everywhere and there's really not much i can say to change your mind, but i said in the top that i am not expecting an instant accept or deny, i just wanted to get it out there. 

And a side note, something that may make you both feel that way is that within the staff team, there may be some moderators not doing their jobs, or doing their jobs to make the numbers look good, and i have promised myself, and hopefully you guys, that i won't be like that. Take what you will from what i am saying, and i am going to have a hard time convincing you both otherwise, so i'll leave it at that.

Also, The gigantic red -1 is a bit unfair though if you don't mind me saying @Ghett Fahct.

Thankyou for the input regardless.

1 minute ago, Smiddy said:

I have heard similar opinions everywhere and there's really not much i can say to change your mind, but i said in the top that i am not expecting an instant accept or deny, i just wanted to get it out there. 

And a side note, something that may make you both feel that way is that within the staff team, there may be some moderators not doing their jobs, or doing their jobs to make the numbers look good, and i have promised myself, and hopefully you guys, that i won't be like that. Take what you will from what i am saying, and i am going to have a hard time convincing you both otherwise, so i'll leave it at that.

Also, The gigantic red -1 is a bit unfair though if you don't mind me saying @Ghett Fahct.

Thankyou for the input regardless.

Hopefully those not doing their jobs will be purged and new staff positions will open up. As for the Giant -1, I just do that for all my responses, makes it easier to see what type of response its gonna be

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Posted (edited)

NEUTRAL

I feel with the recent addition of Adine to Trial Moderator (much to my objection) from Event Master that it more important now more than ever that we increase the numbers on the Event Master team more than the staff team.

Edited by Walter

6 minutes ago, Walter said:

NEUTRAL

I feel with the recent addition of Adine to Trial Moderator (much to my objection) from Event Master that it more important now more than ever that we increase the numbers on the Event Master team more than the staff team.

I sort of agree with this statement but it ends up being the moderators and admins etc that end up doing events anyway so having an extra hand cant hurt.

Posted (edited)

I agree with you Matrix 100%.

Edited by Walter

Please keep the discussion only on Smiddy's Application, rather then team numbers etc.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

NEUTRAL

Although I believe you would be a great addition to the staff team I'm unsure if we need any more T-mods. I did enjoy reading and going through your application but at this point in time, we seem to have a reasonable amount of active T-mods on the server at any time during the day. I would give you a +1 at any other time, but unfortunately, we have a large amount of active staff.
Best of luck with your application!

Edited by James
Touching up my response

+1, although previously mentioned staff team numbers are abnormally high, I would like to see you as moderator, you have former experience and seem like a sensible guy.

• Agree 1

I'd just like to address the overwhelming amount of people that have come to my app to tell me about the supreme abundance of moderators.

I get it. You can stop telling me.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:54 PM, Smiddy said:

"I am not expecting an instant deny or accept, so i don't see the harm."

This is what i said in the highlighted red at the top, i feel that any of you could gather that i am putting my app out there ready locked and loaded for a moderator to be needed. I don't want to add to an existing problem that you all believe so surely exists, so i wanted to get the message across that this application can sit around for as long as it needs to, before moderators are needed. Just tonight one of them got COMMUNITY banned for crashing the server, and if a trial staff member is stupid enough to do that, i'm sure there would be others.

What i am really trying to say is, give me support based on the application itself and my community standing, not on the amount of moderators, that mind you is totally out of my control. Getting a neutral or -1 based on the fact that there are too many moderators totally invalidates the reason these apps are open to the public. So if i may say, 

CAN WE, 

On 5/9/2019 at 10:43 AM, Canoon said:

Please keep the discussion only on Smiddy's Application, rather then team numbers 

,THANKYOU.

Love you all, Smiddy

Posted (edited)

+1
Good app, I like the responses.  Returning staff that don't leave in a bad way will normally be accepted back into the team.  
Capitalize your stand alone I's though so painful to see that on an app.

Edited by Asatru
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1