General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:196479287

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/steven1234ta

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): LaidtoRest

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Laid

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: No, im not been a staff

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof): im have 67 hour but honestly im change my steam name to Boombl4 so its 29 now https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/139.99.162.1:27015/top_players/?query=Boombl4

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Guest, gonna donate soon to silver i think.

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: no really, but im will learn (im understand the ULX).

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 7/10

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: yes

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: yes, of course

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes, thats illegal for me

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes, i know

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: No, i dont  have any bans.

Teamspeak Agreement

How often do you use the Teamspeak server?:

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Teamspeak Rules (Link soon):

YES

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?: Im Have Active on the server and be most active player and help people around. im always want to be a trial or hopefully be a moderator on the server. i have a quite long time playing on the server the problem is im change my name so its reset. im like talking people around and help so i am deserve to be a part of a staff member.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: Im must work well for teammates. im have capabilities to work each other as a team.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: its when im made 82nd to be a best air force regiments on the server. but now 82nd is death regi.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself: Easy going, hard work, easy to talk with everybody, respect people who did a great job fail or no.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react? get him to jail !jailtping and explain that he has broke or breaking a rules and count how many hes kill.  if he 35 kill im gonna ban him 2 weeks.

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react? im gonna jail him again and explain it again about rdmed and try to get help for another staff member to give him punishment

-1 I'm going to be brutally honest and say I'm unsure if this is a serious app.

However if you are being serious I would like to ask a couple of questions.

• I know this isnt too relevant but how old are you?
    • I ask this because being a moderator can be a very stressful and demanding job not fit for younger people. You are usually dealing with 2 players+ that can be very heated.
  • Is english your primary language?
    • The reason I ask this is because majority of your time as a moderator is spent communicating with other players, listening and comprehending both sides of the story and coming up with a sound conclusion.
    • Additionally, your app seems to suggest this is an aspect that needs improvement
  • Are you prepared to increase your activity?

On to the app.

What?

1 hour ago, FUnkySuitz said:

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes, thats illegal for me

What?

1 hour ago, FUnkySuitz said:

get him to jail !jailtping and explain that he has broke or breaking a rules and count how many hes kill.  if he 35 kill im gonna ban him 2 weeks.

If he is MassRDMing and is well known it is likely they are more then aware of what they are doing. As for the punishment, obviously that will vary. JailTPing is good in this situation but there is alternatives which can be used depending on the situation.

I've tried running your other names through but cant' seem to find any playtime.

What was the name you played on before your current one?

3 hours ago, Canoon said:

I've tried running your other names through but cant' seem to find any playtime.

What was the name you played on before your current one? im for got i think its LaidtoRest. im Forgot tho.

my steam name before is

Posted (edited)

-Good effort but there are some things which can be improved namely, (a) the formatting and (b) the scenario responses. The formatting is not standardized there are some parts that use size 20 and other parts that use size 16. In a formal application, it is best to standardize the font. For the scenario responses, the ideas are good but they are too brief and needs to be expanded on.

Edited by Walter
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Walter said:

-1 67 hours to me seems pretty short to apply for a staff position and from what I have read by other posters in this application is that you application seems a tad unprofessional I mean who writes out an application in what is essential the font size for the visually impaired. Your scenario responses are way to short and vague for example your answer to scenario 2 there is a lot more two it and I am not sure you are understanding what it is asking.

If you want my opinion on how to make this application look better I would do the following:

1. Run your application through a free grammar checker i.e grammarly

2. Fix your responses to the scenarios as of now they are way to short

3. Change the font and size of the applications

Brad dont you think correcting him on grammar and spelling and then spelling incorrectly in that paragraph is a bit ironic? Making the font size larger doesnt warrent a smart comment to a player that is at least trying. Theres no point in trying to put him down. But in regards to the app i do agree that your responses are too short and not thought out enough.

• Dumb 1

Posted (edited)

Hey, a little constructive criticism never hurts. and besides, before you take shots at me for my grammar Matrix please read your paragraph (i.e Warrent) and perhaps post either +1(with reason) or -1(with reason). @FUnkySuitz if it comes across like that then I apologize it was not my intention to be offensive in any way.

Edited by Walter
  • Dumb 1

Posted (edited)

I don't see the need to comment on the application itself because you need to address more important factors.
A T-Mod will not be accepted without some reputation on the server.  This means you need to play the server and be pretty active for at least a month.  During this month you should get to know players and other staff by joining their regiment, team speak or discord.
As it stands at the moment you aren't known by anyone in the community and could not be accepted into the staff team.

Edited by Asatru

Posted (edited)

never heard of you and your grammar is poor too making it look rushed 

Edited by Joel
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 1

1 hour ago, Joel said:

never heard of you and your grammar is poor too making it look rushed for example

You used “im” wrong when you should’ve said I and you are missing capitals in places

its because english isnt his first language. we have had staff that were like this previously

• Informative 1

Posted (edited)

I believe you need more time to firmly grasp how the server runs. 67 hours is hardly a suitable amount of time to learn much about the server, let alone enough time to become a T-mod. 
I'd recommend you spend some more time on the server, talking to, and gaining advice from older players and staff members.
I'm not that concerned about your English as we have had staff members whose first language hasn't been English as previously stated by Matrix. 

I would also like to mention that the answers to the scenarios were lackluster and didn't give me much of an idea of how you would handle the situation, you simply gave me the bareboned basics of the situation. I'd like to see you extend your answers to the scenarios, because as of right now, as I previously mentioned, I have no actual idea of how you would actually handle the situation.

Best of luck for your next T-mod application in the future if you decide to make one!

Edited by James
Adding criticism

7 hours ago, James said:

67 hours is hardly a suitable amount of time to learn much about the server, let alone enough time to become a T-mod. 

Then what's the point of the minimum hours to apply for the role being 60? Surely it should be bumped up more if its something that can get you 1ed? 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dom said:

Then what's the point of the minimum hours to apply for the role being 60? Surely it should be bumped up more if its something that can get you 1ed? 

Personally, I don't believe 60 hours is enough time to become any staff role. I believe that the amount of time needed to become a staff member on the server should be bumped up to a larger amount of hours as 60 hours on the server isn't an ideal amount of time to know the ins and outs of the server. But even then the main reason 60 hours is an issue is that he isn't well known throughout the community, which could possibly lead to some altercations, whereas having around 200-300 hours on the server could make you a more well-known player.

To counter your point on giving 'LaidToRest' a -1 solely because of the number of hours he has isn't true as I stated in my response that he didn't elaborate enough on his scenario responses which is mainly the reason I actually did -1 him.

Edited by James
  • Agree 1

Denied.

Feel free to apply in two weeks.