Jump to content
Alien Invasion Update Coming Soon Read more... ×
Troutman [TN]

Marines SURVEILLANCE Weapons

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Suggestion Name: Marines SURVEILLANCE Weapons

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): Sub-Regiment Change

Addon Pack (Optional): n/a

Addon Pack File Size: n/a 

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed): 

The current weapon gained when joining Marines Surveillance is the M82A3, 75 Damage,  Firerate 37 - A semi-automatic 50. cal Sniper Rifle

  • In comparison the T-5000 does 92 Damage, Firerate 46 - A bolt-action 308. (7.62) Sniper Rifle 
  • Delta Force, (Whilst being a more elite-regi) they gain the M95 at Recon PVT whilst, Marines get it when reaching SGT
  • Both the M95 and the T-5000 are bolt action rifles, whilst having faster fire rates than semi-automatic M82A3 - Using the M82A3 in game is honestly laughable at how slow the firerate is
  • I literally have to explain to new PVT's in Marines Surveillance that they should be using the T-5000 (that they already have unlocked).

TLDR: M82A3 - Semi-automatic but slow af firerate  -  50. Cal but does jack shit damage - In comparison to other regis its trash

 

Screenshots (Optional):

Edited by Troutman [TN]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 The lower Ranking Surveillance should start with the T-5000 to begin with and then work through the ranks to get to better weaponry. Other regiments overpower the Marine recon teams sniper in comparison + the M82A3 can be easily countered by other snipers or prestige weapons.

CPL Soap of USMC

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anything over 50 damage is still a oneshot youknow. it doesn't matter whether its 50-60-70-80-99. armour doesn't exist anymore, you will one hit headshot everyone just like EVERY other sniper rifle.

and furthermore what gun you use at that point is purely preference, scope. firerate, looks, etc. you can still kill people efficiently with either.

You're comparing a weapon you purchase in the shop as opposed to getting it potentially at level 1 for free.

 

But anyway. i'll look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pingas said:

anything over 50 damage is still a oneshot youknow. it doesn't matter whether its 50-60-70-80-99. armour doesn't exist anymore, you will one hit headshot everyone just like EVERY other sniper rifle.

and furthermore what gun you use at that point is purely preference, scope. firerate, looks, etc. you can still kill people efficiently with either.

You're comparing a weapon you purchase in the shop as opposed to getting it potentially at level 1 for free.

 

But anyway. i'll look into it.

Thankyou for looking into it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

t500 has a firerate of 48. as50 is 70. you can fire it around once every .9 seconds. you're telling me thats slow? its the fastest firing sniper.

 

Ah, i see. i was looking at the AS50 assuming it was mirrored as you quoted Delta Force recon also having the m95.

Edited by Pingas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pingas said:

t500 has a firerate of 48. as50 is 70. you can fire it around once every .9 seconds. you're telling me thats slow? its the fastest firing sniper.

Im saying that the firerate of the M82A3 is slow (37) especially seeing it is a semi-automatic sniper

compared to the t-5000 which is bolt action and has a firerate of 46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

m82a3 seems fine to me. there is no way you will be able to fire a 50bmg whilst standing up faster than once every 2 seconds. 

 

on a side note the gun that i use has a fire rate of 24 and i have no problem with it. 

Edited by Pingas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pingas said:

m82a3 seems fine to me. there is no way you will be able to fire a 50bmg whilst standing up faster than once every 2 seconds. 

 

on a side note the gun that i use has a fire rate of 24 and i have no problem with it. 

Well then I don't see why the t-5000 a 308. rifle does 92 damage, whilst a 50. cal sniper does only 75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

as said before, it does not matter what the damage is. You will one shot headshot every time. The T-5000 and the M82A3 will both one shot if you can hit them in the head. While i do not know the specifics of both weapons the LOOK is the only thing that really differs these two weapons.(obviously the body shot DMG but if you aint hitting head shots why use a sniper)  

Edited by dex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dex said:

as said before, it does not matter what the damage is. You will one shot headshot every time. The T-5000 and the M82A3 will both one shot if you can hit them in the head. While i do not know the specifics of both weapons the LOOK is the only thing that really differs these two weapons.(obviously the body shot DMG but if you aint hitting head shots why use a sniper)  

From people from my sub-regi and other people within the community I have talked to, damage is definitely a factor in a sniper rifle, even if its a one-shot head shot, especially seeing if they have already been damaged, or a less experienced player with FPS experience who cannot be hitting head shots every time.

 

 

Literally all members of my sub-regi currently use the T-5000 as the M82A3 has been laughed at by all members of the sub-regi.

All I want is a sniper rifle equal if not better than the T-5000 that they can use before they reach the rank of SGT

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×