Sign in to follow this  
eleventeen

Ban Force Roleplay

Introduction:

Force role-play is when you literally get forced into a role-play situation, Example: You are eleventeen, Leader of Faithfuls. You are now being interrogated by a MP. The Military Police initiates FORCE RP by questioning "We scanned your face and found you on the Taliban List.". (That is force RP) Another example of Force RP is "Patting you down and found an item which forces you to stay in jail, i.e A bomb, phone, etc." This clearly is unfair on the Taliban members who are wrongly accused and clearly held in for a long period of time. This clearly needs to stop.

Force Roleplay is a clear loophole in the rules, by being able to grab any item or fake your way to find identity's, i.e. Facial recognition units to gather people's roleplay name, regiments and RP Ranks. and phones with incrimination data to associate civilians with the Taliban. Force Roleplay is a clear loophole in the rules. Meta game/fail rp is clearly being walked around when force rp is present.

How this can benefit both sides in a broken role play manor 

Force role play can benefit both sides, by being able to walk around Fail RP, you can know who the person is and what they do. This is useful especially in the jails. By knowing who they are and who they work for, they can determine how much of a threat they are by not even doing some serious role-play work.

Why this rule should be added

This rule should be added to encourage more complex role play in the jails, by working out who they are through complex role-play, it would be fun to either find out who they are and what they do or being in the role play environment. Adding the rule would also patch the loophole where Force RP can walk through Fail RP/Meta game during certain situations.

TLDR: Force rp is a loophole where they force you into roleplay situations by using metagame, etc. 

This 100% wont be looked at but should 100% be acknowledged by the community, I don't care if this gets denied or hate. I just want the community to know the issues that make this server "Crap"

• Agree 2

+1

The first one which is about the MP should not be allowed and second one the MP’s can search you with their device and they can either find no weapons or you have weapons, They can search you if they have a reason to believe you have a gun if there is no reason then that shouldn’t be allowed however if they find a gun on you they should make a roleplay scenario out of it like the civilian with the gun can pretend to be apart of a resistance or a group who hates the taliban and came to speak to the US about intel of the taliban and the soldiers / mp’s should go on and continue with the roleplay.

It makes the server more fun and realistic so this should go forward.

+1

Personally I am confused why this isn't already a rule.
Literally can incriminate a player who is roleplaying as a civilian with /me finds gun.

Today eleventeen and I were roleplaying as clueless tourists from Ethiopia Highlands which we RP'd being exploited under gunpoint then being forced to enter the base then surrendering ourselves to Security Operations, a simple arrest was guaranteed but then it just extended to someone /me finding suicide vest which nearly led to our execution until a higher ranking stood in, on many occasions will this occur which ultimately stops the possibility of Taliban RP to even occur at this rate. 

Simply implementation of this wouldn't harm RP in anyway, it just stop the ability to randomly force an aspect of RP onto another players as this can clearly be exploited.

• Agree 1

Realistically though the CIA tends to find out who leads what terrorist group and get a picture, I could understand getting pissed off when your a low rank warrior or something but if you scan the face of the head of the Taliban chances are something will come up.

+1

This is a cheapskate way of making RP happen.  If we were to do this to a US they'd call staff (This happened to me last night lmao)

You can use /roll to counter unfair RP.  If they roll lower than you the RP must go in your favour.

• Agree 1

Having the /roll chance to have RP go in your favour just remakes Ice’s cancer RP aspects.

1 hour ago, Cap said:

Realistically though the CIA tends to find out who leads what terrorist group and get a picture, I could understand getting pissed off when your a low rank warrior or something but if you scan the face of the head of the Taliban chances are something will come up.

Literally just a way to metagame with extra steps, RP and real life need to be separated most situations to make the server enjoyable.

It comes under powergame, i am not overly sure if there is anything in the rules about it. but its implied somewhere/was

+1 I as a MP have seen force RP fold out in front front of me and it isn’t always MP’s doing it. Yesterday there was someone scanning faces but that wasn’t an MP. Saying this it still does happen often and it needs to stop.

+1 

People always claim that Taliban don't RP, but this is one of the many reasons why we don't RP with the US, whenever there is interaction between the US and Taliban, US will always take the rank and faction that floats above their heads into consideration, event though it is considered meta-game. They then force RP onto these innocent Civilians, already assuming that they are Taliban and take extra steps in proving it, such as "/me finds armed device in pocket", even after they strip themselves. Another occasion where RP was forced on me was when i had disguised myself as US, as soon as people saw the Taliban tag above you head, they will follow you non-stop, asking to check ID and even though you follow the steps correctly, you are still detained, because they will always find a way "plant" evidence onto you.

• Winner 1

This happens a lot on RP servers however if this was to be discussed it would need to benefit both sides and not just favoring Taliban.

Edited by Walter