MilRP Moderator Application

Jackal
Reactions:

Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:15 pm

General

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:58766550

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/stevefromnigeria/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Tal SSGT Jackal Yashed

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Jackal

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: No.

How much game time do you have?(Provide proof)(Gametracker): 388.65 hours, PROOF: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... ery=jackal.

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Ultimate

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Yes, ULX is an interface where staff can access commands like !kick, !tp, !jail, etc.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 8.

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes.

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Yes, I try my best to avoid breaking rules, and I also try my best at making sure others are following the rules too.

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes, I understand that friends should be treated as if they were ordinary players, and should be given punishment appropriate to what they have done.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes, I have a microphone.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes, I understand that my duties are to be taken serious at all times.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: No, not to my knowledge (I might be wrong).

Teamspeak Agreement
How often do you use the Teamspeak server?: Not often, but I have teamspeak and will try to use it more.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Teamspeak Rules (Link soon): Yes.

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?: I feel that I should be accepted on to the staff team because I would like to spend my time helping the community and it's members. I want to make people enjoy their experience as much as possible, and I feel that by being a staff member I can make this possible.
I want to make new members of the community want to keep playing, and enjoying the time they spend here. I love helping people, whether it is on a game, or not. I would like to serve this community to the best of my ability.

Discuss your ability to work as a team and give examples that demonstrate this: I always try to work in a team, by communicating in comms during events, like asking for the status on points to see where help is needed. I always try and encourage my fellow members to do their best whether it be wartime, an event, or even a raid.
I try my hardest to get others involved, because the key to winning a battle is teamwork. During events when we are leaving to go to an objective, I always wait until the vehicle is full or almost full before leaving, and I encourage others to do the same. During RP situations I always try to get people involved whether they be U.S. or Taliban, friend or foe.

Have you ever had an administration position, whether that be in this community or another: No, but I hope that I can be so lucky to have this position.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: During my time in U.S. when i became SGT and SSGT, I always asked if I could help train trainees, as I loved helping people, and I would always volunteer to anyone asking for people to train trainees, whether it be the GOA, or a Commanding Officer.
I always because volunteered because I loved the feeling of helping others, and watching them do well, whether it was in events, or regular RP, it always gave me a feeling that I was helping the community, and that made me happy.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself: I am 15, I always like to communicate with people, and try to help them when ever they need guidance. I think I am a fun person to be around, but I can also be serious when the situation calls for it, whether it be in game or if it be real life.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff have logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react? I would first bring the player to where no one is around and where players can't get to, and I would jail them to avoid them trying to run away, or killing themself, I would then bring the victims of the RDM, and check logs to see what the RDM count was, and would ask the victims and the RDMer what their side of the stories were, if he or her is still mingeing and clearly not taking the situation seriously, I would ban him for an appropriate period of time depending on the amount of players they RDMed.
If the player has an alliby, and reason for killing the people that seemed like the truth, I would change the punishment (if I decide not to ban them), and watch them to see what they do, if I catch them RDMing again I will ban them for an appropriate time period.

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react? The duty of a staff member is to treat everyone as equals, and make sure that the punishments are not biased in any way. I would bring the person to where no one is around and where players can't get to, and I would ask for his side of the story, then tell him of the consequnces, and bring the victims, and then ask for their sides of the story, depending on whether their stories match up to the situation or not, I would tell the player the consequences of Mass RDMing, and would give an appropriate consequence, whether it be a warn, kick, ban, or demotion, depending on the amount of players, when deciding the punishment, I would also take into account the other recent problems people have been having with the player.

Scenario 3: A good friend of yours has just joined the server, he is, and will continue to break multiple rules after you have warned him not to, despite this he doesn't stop and keeps on going because he/she being your good friend, thinks you won't do anything to stop them.

Question 3: As a Moderator, how do you react? As stated in the previous scenario, the duty of a staff member is to treat everyone as equals. I would bring the the player, tell them that they cannot get away with breaking rules and that being the friend of a staff member does not mean that they are an exception to the rules, and I would give them a punishment appropriate to what they have done wrong.

Thank you everyone for taking time to read this, and for the feedback. Hopefully I can show you what I am worth as a staff member. :D
Attachments
Proof.PNG
PROOF
Proof.PNG (52.27 KiB) Viewed 63 times
Ranks
Current
SSGT Combat Medics
------------------------------------
Previous
SSGT USAF
SSGT Spetsnaz
SGT US Marines