Reactions:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:08 pm

SteamID (Default Format):
STEAM_1:0:54156166

Character Sheet (Compulsory):
ARC Commander [A-037/1937] Miles

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?:
Negative, previously on old CG
Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference per server and their SteamID)?:
Previously was an admin on Cubix Gaming base wars, admittedly was years ago so I can't find anyone who I used to associate with.
Previously was an admin on Gateway Gaming SWRP. Ol' mate Stooge or LiamJohno could be my references
- Stooge: STEAM_1:0:40823276
- LiamJohno: STEAM_1:0:51959631
Disclaimer: I would rather not be affiliated with that server or community

On a scale of 1-10, how known are you within the Community OR In-Game (1 being Known by 5 or less people, 10 being known by just about everyone)?:

How many hours do you have in-game on CloneWars?:
Too many. ~900

How often do you use the TeamSpeak server?:
Discord, yes; Teamspeak not so much

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Teamspeak Rules (Link soon):
Yes

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become a Moderator on CloneWars:
Sacrificing personal play time to staffing duties isn't an foreign task for me, I would like to give back to the Colossal Gaming Community my time and attention for being such a welcoming, appreciative and overall entertaining community. I would like to help out everyone that I can, ensure that everyone is having the best experience on the CloneWars server as they could possibly have. I aspire to be that role model or other person of significance that people on the server look up to or go to for assistance, I simply enjoy helping people

In One Paragraph, please describe how you would make an impact on CloneWars as a Moderator?:
I believe that I could be a voice of reason within the community providing fair and just conclusions to any situation that may arise. Being part of communities and part of staffing teams has taken up a large portion of my ~1500 hours that I have spent on GMod and I believe that I have sufficient experience as a staffing member and being part of communities to better everyones' experiences on the server. In my experience moderating is as much helping the community as it is dealing with scenarios such as those listed below, the small things like giving tools to people who ask, spawning vehicles for pilots or droids for training, helping people who are stuck, all go a long way
Scenarios
Scenario 1: A user has setup a PvP with his friends and they are constantly killing each other and clogging up the kill feed. A User reports to you that they find it annoying and wish for it to be stopped immediately.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?
Check with a senior staff member and/or a senior officer on the server making sure that the PvP set up has been sanctioned and is allowed. If so I would walk the user whom filed the complaint through how to disable kill feeds on their HUD. If the PvP was not sanctioned by a senior staff/officer on the server then I would ask the PvPers to take down or re-purpose what they have set up for a different method of entertainment (offer to spawn droids or some other alternative). If no other staff or senior officers are on the server, I would shut down the PvP in the same manner informing the hosts that they should have consulted with someone before hand

Scenario 2: A notorious player of the community has recently participated in a group activity with his friends on the server. The Notorious Player has broken many rules and is banned on OTHER servers in the community and a lot of players are suspicious about him. You get the opportunity to have a conversation with them and you notice they are quite mature and understanding.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?
I would take into account everything that I have personally witness of the notorious player and take into account all the claims on what they have done in the past. Keep them under close supervision because it wouldn't surprise me if people simply acted mature and understanding in front of a person of authority. I would consult with senior staff members on what they think of the specified player and take into account my peers' opinions. I would inform the player's superiors in the regiment to ensure that they are understanding of the situation and I would continue to moderate the player in case they take any action. If so I will respond to their transgressions appropriately, if not I will leave them be

Thank you for your time and consideration
- [A-037/1937] Miles
Last edited by A37Miles on Mon May 07, 2018 10:10 am, edited 6 times in total.

Librea
Reactions:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:12 pm

+1 On the outside he is a tough fucking coconut to crack, but on the inside its joy and laughter the whole way. Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rythm of the water, set your soul free.
Name: Librea

Military Rank: Captain

Military Regiment: US Scouts

OOC Rank: Trial Moderator

SC-Azzy
Reactions:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:06 pm

+1 Knows his shit and could contribute to the staff team

Toast
Reactions:

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:25 am

+1 Never seen this guy minge. Not once. Good bloke, knows all the rules and shit, he is a great and active player. It'd be cool to have old man miles as a moderator
Currently:
Imperial Scout First LT 8783 Digger
Ex:
(OOC) Admin
Blackout Battalion - Commander [BB/8783] Digger
Jedi Master Lamar Windu
104th Commander 3636 Wolffe
501st Jump Corporal 4536 Toast

Toast
Reactions:

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:25 am

wait not enough colour
Currently:
Ex:
(OOC) Admin
Jedi Master Lamar Windu

A37Miles
Reactions:

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 am

Added random colour. You're welcome Toast

Toast
Reactions:

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:09 pm

+1 Everything I said before, but it's cool and colourful now! I like it!
Currently:
Ex:
(OOC) Admin
Jedi Master Lamar Windu

barbar
Reactions:

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:36 pm

+1 hes my dad