Reactions:

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:02 am

General

SteamID (Default Format): STEAM_0:0:93899663

Character Sheet (Compulsory):
9th Assault Corps Commander 1645 Cold

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?:
Have been but not currently.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference per server and their SteamID)?:
Previously staff on one other community, as an admin on LoneWolfNetwork SWRP/Universe. Reference : STEAM_0:0:156526809

On a scale of 1-10, how known are you within the Community OR In-Game (1 being Known by 5 or less people, 10 being known by just about everyone)?: 6 - 7

How many hours do you have in-game on CloneWars?:
68.32 hours from Gametracker - https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... order=DESC

Teamspeak Agreement

How often do you use the Teamspeak server?:
Everyday.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Teamspeak Rules (Link soon): Yes.

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become a Moderator on CloneWars:
In a brief paragraph, I'd like to become a Mod on CGs CW to help keep things running smoothly as possible. What I mean by that is dealing with situations that may arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to stop it from interrupting others who wish to play the server. I'd like to say I've got experience as staff to offer and I'm able to do late night, while we do have more than active staff on the server there was a moment that while being a Commander during this mass RDM I couldn't really do anything to stop/help and the staff that were on were afk, which was annoying as it was just a typical late night RDM duo. I enjoy playing on the server and I want those who also enjoy playing on it, who do follow the rules to not have their experiences on the server ruined.

In One Paragraph, please describe how you would make an impact on CloneWars as a Moderator?:
I believe that my impact toward the server would be that I'm fairly active and ready to deal with whatever is needed, I'm on when most aren't (specifically late night) and when it comes to helping someone with a problem I'm more than happy to try and resolve it. I have a bit of history with being staff so I have faith that the issues or problems that I'd be called to deal with wouldn't be anything too new. Hopefully leading in lessening the stress on other staff members.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A user has setup a PvP with his friends and they are constantly killing each other and clogging up the kill feed. A User reports to you that they find it annoying and wish for it to be stopped immediately.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?
Personally I would follow the report up by first assessing how accurate what I've been told is by loosely spectating/ghosting the players involved and checking the feed/console and chat. I would then teleport the players to myself somewhere I could talk to them without other player interruption and ask them about the PVP and inform them that it's caused some complaints from another player on the server. That it's clogging up the kill feed which is annoying to others, I'd explain that while they may be bored I'll have to disband the user setup PVP and if they continue killing each other it will be considered RDMing which is clearly against server rules and instead offer to see if anything is currently happening on the ship or look into running a simulation or training for them myself. If after all this they decide to try to continue I would follow it up with kicks followed by a ban for a small time period if necessary.

Scenario 2: A notorious player of the community has recently participated in a group activity with his friends on the server. The Notorious Player has broken many rules and is banned on OTHER servers in the community and a lot of players are suspicious about him. You get the opportunity to have a conversation with them and you notice they are quite mature and understanding.
Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?
Assuming I was able to pull him aside to have a decent conversation with them I'd say something along lines of apologies for pulling them away from whatever they were doing but I'd like to address the history they've had with the community and it's servers. While he has been banned from previous servers we are always welcome to having new players on this server who are here to simply have fun while following the rules. I'd inform him that there is suspicion surrounding him, which is purely based on his history and that is something that can be changed easily by playing the CW server while following server rules just like everyone else. I'd warn him that any sort of rule breaking or minge like activity will lead to being banned on this server too. After receiving some sort of confirmation from that he wishes to play on the server and will agrees to follow the rules I'd let him be on his way, I would follow this up by keeping a personal eye on them and by informing other staff of who is he and that he has been informed about his situation and that if he decides to ruin others time on the server he had previously been warned about the consequences.

Cheers,

Dylsta
Reactions:

Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:41 pm

+1 i have played with him before on other servers he is also a great roleplayer and knows his stuff i would love to see him as staff :D

Tringee
Manager
Manager
Reactions:

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:57 pm

*ACCEPTED*

Return to “Resolved Applications”

• Information