Sign in to follow this  
Etho.

Etho's Teamspeak Admin Application

General

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:29695070

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Ethoman92/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.General Crudes):  CO's, Drill Sergeant Etho. [HTD]

Teamspeak Alias (E.g. crudes): Etho. シ

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: Currently Moderator on MilitaryRP.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?:

I have been a Trial Moderator on a Military RP server like last year until it got shut down because It went dead, 

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Moderator

Are you familiar with teamspeak permissions and settings?: Yes

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: Players: 9 Staff: 10

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you follow and enforce the rules to the best of your ability?: Of course 

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with people?: Yes

Do you agree not to annoy any event staff while they are hosting events?: Yes

Teamspeak Agreement

How often do you use the Teamspeak server?: 

Whenever I am online/ On my computer the first thing I open is TS and hop onto the server so quite a lot.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Teamspeak Rules:  Yes

Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become a Teamspeak Administrator?:

I would like to become a Teamspeak admin for two main reasons, to help people who need assistance with whatever they may have a problem with either being in game if need be or in Teamspeak and try to give them the help that they need to the best of my ability, and secondly I when I am getting poked most of the questions are about Teamspeak and how do to this or can I get this role etc and since I don't have the permissions that a TS admin has I can't help them and lead them onto another TS Admin if they are online and not AFK, which can sometimes be hard when there are no TS admins online so to sum this up I want to be an active TS Admin and help people to the best of my ability.

In One Paragraph, please describe how you would make an impact on the Teamspeak as an Administrator?: As I said in the previous question, I could give the TS Admins a good name *Not that they have a bad one* as a more active player on the server and on the Teamspeak, I can answer everyone's questions to the best that I can. And as another TS Admin If I get accepted or if anyone gets accepted to TS Admins we can all help the players of Colossal Gaming.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A User has been mic-spamming distorted/loud music in all of the public channels. They have since disconnected and you were only notified 20 minutes after the incident occured.

Question 1: As a Teamspeak Administrator, how do you react?: Since he has left the server try and figure out from different people that have been in contact with him go into their channel and ask/ investigate what he was spamming or simply how bad or severe was the mic spamming itself to try and figure out the situation and after that I would inform other TS Admins online about the situation and if he comes back online and continues to mic spam I would bring him into a channel ask why he has done it and give the acceptable punishment to the user.

Scenario 2: A User has been waiting in the HELPDESK channel for over an hour and a half. You join the help-desk channel to assist them and you discover they are quite agitated by your slow response.

Question 2: As a Teamspeak Administrator, how do you react?:

I would join the helpdesk waiting room channel and then drag them into the "Helpdesk room 1" Then apologize to the user for his waiting time for, however, it may have been in this case over an hour and a half then I would try to see what they need help with and if I can try to calm him down *After all waiting for over an hour and a half is not acceptable* and then whatever the situation that he needs assistance with helping him with that ask him if he needs anything else and drag him out to Lobby.

Scenario 3: There are a bunch of Users in a MilitaryRP designated Public-Channel. You notice none of them have any Server Groups. All the clients are connected from Australia.

Question 3: As a Teamspeak Administrator, how do you react?: As a TS Admin I would join the channel and see if they were Milrp players and if so give them the "Verified user" Tag Or if they didn't play on MiliRP I would welcome them to the server and try to see why they are on the TS server. 

I don't use TS much because the Navy SEALs use discord.  However, your a responsible moderator in-game so it would make sense to me that you would make a good TS admin.  If your really active on TS than it's a +1 from me.

I have to regrettably -1 this, due to the fact that I had a situation handled in game by Etho. that wasn't handled properly, and lead to a demotion I did not deserve, and myself having to wait another week to get my much anticipated Lieutenant rank in Combat Medics.

I do understand that this kind of thing happens every now and then, but Etho. was not active for the next two days after the incident, so it could not be sorted out by an admin. Just a suggestion, but being a little more active might be a bonus, as I currently only see you on rarely.

Good Luck anyways 😉

@Dusky I don't see how I dealt with the situation in a bad way but I guess that is your opinion, and the reason that I wasn't on for those reasons was for IRL things *But let's not take this on* but besides the point thanks for giving me some luck 🙂

And Mundy thank you for the feedback 🙂

Edited by Etho.
  • Disagree 1

Neutral

I don't know if our timezones don't align or something, but I literally have only seen you three times now. It could be a me issue, but if you aren't active on the server I don't see how you can fulfil this position on teamspeak.

Edit: By "seen" I mean active on the server and actually doing something noticeable.

@Echo It's the time zones I'm in NZ so it's two hours in front for me and two hours behind for you. I'm sure if you ask around you can find people who see me on the server quite a bit 🙂

Edited by Etho.

+1 etho is one of the most active members of the teamspeak i see him almost everyday and is a great guy to be around 

Going to be a bit silly Etho if you are 2 hours in front do you know the future?

On topic: +1 Highly active both on the server and on teamspeak | assists in the creation of role play | always approachable to talk to which is a huge + for a teamspeak admin.

Etho Seems to get along with 99% of the colossal player base, he is friendly and is always fast to help. In game he always gets to my tickets or if i type in admin chat within 30 seconds if hes on. would be a very useful TS staff

Huge +1 you are always active and you are a nice person to do sits with in game and talk to. you also handle MOST stituations well i think you would make a great TS admin. 

also very much enjoy the mini events you do. ( I know this has nothing to do with teamspeak just putting it out there. )

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this