Tander

Character Biographies

We're slowly seeing serious roleplay return to the server, what with Dex taking regiments and teaching them proper marching formation and instilling a "march only rule" whilst in debrief. The terminology of "event" is slowly transitioning to "mission". Even people are being recommended to use roleplay names, so I feel the next step would be to add character biographies to the forums. 

These don't have to been cool 500 word essays but rather just a way for people to express their characters. It may be a bit far fetched but it's a step in the right direction. 

The character bios could include photos of what you imagine your character to be, information about the regiment he's in or even a backstory if you so wish. Just a little option to flesh out a players roleplay experience.

Willing to listen to what the community has to say about this.

• Friendly 1

I think this would be nice. However, ( as some people might have realised ) I like to play a variety of roles on the server. I guess my character can have dissociative identity disorder so I can continue to have all these roles. Maybe we could produce a "template" for these bios so people know where to start and what not.

37 minutes ago, Echo said:

I think this would be nice. However, ( as some people might have realised ) I like to play a variety of roles on the server. I guess my character can have dissociative identity disorder so I can continue to have all these roles. Maybe we could produce a "template" for these bios so people know where to start and what not.

With this, the whole idea of a roleplay name, seperate from your username would have to be implemented to some extent. But yeah, a template would be for sure in order.

Personally, I think this would be a cool addition to the game If it was made compulsory after getting MSGT (or some rank) this would promote not leaving the regiment and "regi Hopping" obviously they can be changed if the need to be but something similar to legacy would be awesome!

I don't necessarily think forcing this upon players is necessary, but making everyone have a proper RP name would be good. Some RP servers make sure you have a first and last name and won't let you play until you make one.

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

I agree with Echo having proper RP names would be a massive improvement to the server.

This is a good idea in theory, but the issue is getting people to actually go out of their way for this to be possible.

8 hours ago, Funky Hendrix said:

This is a good idea in theory, but the issue is getting people to actually go out of their way for this to be possible.

I feel like this is an ignorant way of thinking. If roleplay is actually enforced by event masters, then it could actually be used. It's up to you and the other event masters to make sure you help out in this as well. The smallest things count! Even just refering to 'events' as 'missions' matters. Many commanders are doing their part to help e.g. @dex, graham, @Quickhell.

Add Character Bios or you are dumb simple as that, there is no cons to this, only pros, this will add extra in-depth rp and cool backstories.
+1

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Funky Hendrix said:

It doesn't need to be mandatory. Have it there and some players will make ones. After a while, they may pick up in popularity as users see other's bios and get into making one themselves. Worth a shot IMO.

• Dumb 1